Different nationality youth players/league system

Gellard

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether it is hard-coded into the game, which teams get different nationality youth players to the league they are playing in? Think about Cardiff, Swansea, Vaduz playing in the English/Swiss league, yet getting Welsh/Liechtensteiner youths.. I personally would like to change AS Monaco to produce Monégasque youths. I have checked, the location of the club is always that of the league (in the above examples England/Switzerland), the city they are playing in is in the proper country, but this applies for Monaco as well (not being in France), yet ASM still produces French youth players. Any insight into this?

Cheers

Basically, the editor has a function on the Country Edit screen, that enables you to choose which other nations the clubs in the country are most likely to buy players from / scout players in.

Eg. India is most likely to buy players / scout for players from Brazil, Nigeria and Ghana. Therefore, a lot of times, players of these nationalities come up through the youth system. Also, the agreements i.e EU etc , play an important role in this.

In case of Monaco, since there are a lot of relationship with France and France being a larger footballing nation, a lot of players in Monaco come with Dual nationalities and therefore choose the larger footballing nation when called upon i.e France. Same case with Martinique.

Just my observations. But I'm sure a lot of the stuff is Hard Coded as well.

No, that is not true because Monaco youths only have French nationality, no double, whereas Vaduz's youths are by a huge amount Liechtensteiners (no Swiss passport) with the odd Swiss player (Just as in real life). Monaco (the country) does not have any scouting or transfer tendencies set in the editor. There must be a way how the game decides where the youth players or regens of a club come from, and as the example shows, nationality can differ from the league and even location, but what sets it, or is it hard coded in the game? Another of my questions would be how basque players are identified, and how the program knows which clubs in Spain generate Basque people. Hard-coded again?