TheEquinox

Reaction score
Hey there,

I just wanted to ask if there are any settings available to make the game a little more challenging ? Does the manager's previous footballer experience influence the difficulty of the game ?

Background info: Bought FM 2014 a week ago and started a game with Kaiserslautern (german 2nd division).

Season 1: Promoted as 1st
Season 2: 16th in division 1 and won relegation
Season 3: 4th in division 1
Season 4: 5th in division 1, euro cup semi finals
Season 5: 27 matches played, currently 1st, 10 points ahead of bayern

- seems a bit too easy to me. I didn't buy any big players, as they don't want to join my club anyway. So I kept pushing the board to improve my youth and training facilities, they are all at highest possible level now, and half my team is made up of 4 star+ potential 17 year old own academy regens by now and I only use a small part of the provided wage budget... still easily dominating the league.

And no, I am not using any downloaded tactics, just set up 3 pretty basic ones and sticked with the two which worked best.

Yes the difference between choosing International Footballer and Sunday League is vast. You'll get a lot more patience from the board, a lot better response from your squad during team talks (particularly useful), more respect from other managers, and some other **** I can't think of at the moment.