Dilemma with Stevie G's, Carra's and Torres partner

transferking

Reaction score
I'm in the beginning of second season with Pool and have quite a headache solving the situation with CB's and FW's.

So, I have Carra, Agger and Skrtel. Agger is unhappy as I rejected some laughable offers and Skrtel is almost unhappy. What should I do with them? Sell one (which one), both or keep both?

If I sell, how much is it wise to start asking with? And who would you suggest to look at instead? Sakho, Fazio, Taylor? By the way, Juve is interested in Agger and Lucas? Do you smell some kind of part exchange there?

Next one: who to partner with StevieG (I'm, playing mainly 4-4-2)? Currently have CM's Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas, Zuculini and Ekici? Would it be wise to think about selling Alonso?

And maybe even the biggest one: who is the best partner for Torres? Somebody who I already have - Marquinhos, Kuyt, Fleck, Sanchez - or should I look for target man like Cardozo / Milevskyi / Toni / Hulk / Laurito ... ?

Inter is sniffing around Alonso, Lucas and Marquinhos? Is there any possibility and idea to try and grab Balotelli (worth something like 40M already I'm afraid).

I have 37M to spend ATM and preferrably would sign English players as my home-grown status for CL is so-so.

Sell Kuyt, and the striker should get is Laurito, as he young and will fit in perfectly with your other young strikers.

if you want some good young english player i recommend mark beevers (CB from sheff wed), Fabian Delph from leeds and joe mattock from leicester city.

For my Liverpool game i sold Alonso + Lucas, and brought in Miguel Veloso as backup to Gerrard and Masch. Then i sold Kuyt and a few others and brought in Aguero to partner Torres for 40mill. Expensive, but the perfect striking partnership imo.

Actually Veloso is my first choice ATM. Price agreed (3,9M + 11M over 24 months), personal conditions in progress.
If I'll finalize it, starting to think about Lucas and XA. I have 10,75M bid for Lucas - may let him go. How much have you got for Alonso?

I have real dilemma about strikers. I really want to keep hold on Kuyt - I like him, he never moans, is versatile etc.
Thinking about three options mainly now: top striker (Aguero, ca 40M), middle one (Rossi, 16M) or young star (Laurito, don't know how much).

About new CB. Pacey guy would be ideal to partner Carra. Could you suggest anyone?

Let Lucas go, letting Kuyt go is questionable if he plays well because his stats aren't great but he is a good performer, so that's up to you to judge.

I wouldn't let Alonso go because I think he's pretty priceless, he was a consistent performer in my Liverpool save. And obviously you probably know never to sell Mascherano because of his stupidly high sell on clause. Get Veloso if your definitely getting rid of Alonso though.

Torres plays perfectly as a lone striker with good support from Gerrard from the midfield so you don't really need another striker, I would just play either an additional AMC or DMC depending on if your letting in goals or struggling to score them at the moment.

Let Lucas go, letting Kuyt go is questionable if he plays well because his stats aren't great but he is a good performer, so that's up to you to judge.

I wouldn't let Alonso go because I think he's pretty priceless, he was a consistent performer in my Liverpool save. And obviously you probably know never to sell Mascherano because of his stupidly high sell on clause. Get Veloso if your definitely getting rid of Alonso though.

Torres plays perfectly as a lone striker with good support from Gerrard from the midfield so you don't really need another striker, I would just play either an additional AMC or DMC depending on if your letting in goals or struggling to score them at the moment.

100% spot on.

In terms of new CB, all depends on how much you've got to spend. I've never heard anyone speak highly of him but Bassong has been fantastic for me in my current season as Newcastle, I play him along side Steve Taylor and they work really well, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade him in for the likes of Fazio or Pepe :p

In terms of new CB, all depends on how much you've got to spend. I've never heard anyone speak highly of him but Bassong has been fantastic for me in my current season as Newcastle, I play him along side Steve Taylor and they work really well, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade him in for the likes of Fazio or Pepe :p

you know, I have thought a bit about Taylor. Do you think he can do it in Pool?
His price is something like 10-12M and what is important - he's local.

you know, I have thought a bit about Taylor. Do you think he can do it in Pool?
His price is something like 10-12M and what is important - he's local.

He has been a wall at the back for me to be honest, along with Bassong. I'll post you up some screenshots in a few minutes for you to see how he's doing and how he has helped me so far this season.

ok, thx mate. Pretty impressive...
Thinking a bit more about it. Only questionmark is he seems to be (too) similar to Carra. I'm not sure if it puts me off or not. Depends if I'll find someone quicker or not.

Yeah definitely, I wouldn't play him along side Carra myself but certainly as a replacement for him as Carra is getting on a bit.