Calz88

Reaction score
I have a regen who is a fantastic player 24 years old and currently first choice in England set up! However he is very very injury prone!
What would you do keep him and get 20 good games a season out of him? Or sell him for 27m?

I suggest if you could find someone who has an equal ability to him, who you could buy to replace him, sell up as a season consists of a lot more than 20 games and to be successful you need your best players to be fit often...

I suggest if you could find someone who has an equal ability to him, who you could buy to replace him, sell up as a season consists of a lot more than 20 games and to be successful you need your best players to be fit often...

Yes I agree mate not getting anywhere near enough games out of him! But he's fantastic when he does play, and currently there isn't better out there although i have some great young prospects

If he can win matches for you, then as long as you have enough quality elsewhere, I'd keep him. His wages aren't excessively high, and 20 games a season is better than nothing. Are you at a stage where you are winning the league?

Well I'm looking to within the next 2-3 seasons my young players are reaching there potential, and I'm trying to keep a good English spine through the side ( top quality English cb cm st)

Then I'd look at keeping hold of him at least until you win the league, raise his value a bit. That way you could fund moves for a couple more star players.

You both raise excellent points!!! Still as stuck if not more than when I put this post up!! Lol

@Calz88, completely irrelevant but just quickly I noticed you are doing a st. neots save, would you recommend it, is it frustrating?

It's fantastic mate I really enjoy lower league management keeps the interest in the save longer! Def reccommend it!

It's fantastic mate I really enjoy lower league management keeps the interest in the save longer! Def reccommend it!
ok cheers mate, how long did it take you to get in the prem?

Just come back from injury plays against Liverpool MOTM injured again for 3 weeks! That's 5 games in this season he's managed and were in end of dec now!

What is his training schedule/your team training schedule like, do you have them on heavy? And do you not play them if they have less than 90% fitness, and when they don't have 95% match fitness or more? His natural fitness is alright, so I have a feeling it is because of how you are managing him :)

What is his training schedule/your team training schedule like, do you have them on heavy? And do you not play them if they have less than 90% fitness, and when they don't have 95% match fitness or more? His natural fitness is alright, so I have a feeling it is because of how you are managing him :)

No mate I never play a player if he's below 90% and training is always at medium! He's the only player that's injury prone and in coach report it even says specific weakness-injury prone :(

No mate I never play a player if he's below 90% and training is always at medium! He's the only player that's injury prone and in coach report it even says specific weakness-injury prone :(

I'd sell him then. He is a good regen, but he isn't world-class/irreplaceable.

I have a regen who is a fantastic player 24 years old and currently first choice in England set up! However he is very very injury prone!
What would you do keep him and get 20 good games a season out of him? Or sell him for 27m?

It's happening the exact same thing to me in my Spurs save, but with Gareth Bale istead of your regen.
I'm seriously tempted to sell him...come on, I can't really give so much money to a player who regularly misses 15/20 games per season for injuries of all kinds (!!!) even if he plays great in the others.