Grayth

Reaction score
This is not a straight-up player v player question, but I can't decide in which direction to go. I'm managing Blackpool in summer 2014 (1.1.3), and I'm selling Charlie Adam and David Vaughan as their wage demands are scandalous. Do I replace Adam with Khaleem Hyland or Markus Henriksen? I'm after an enforcer with both attacking and defensive capabilities to replace the greedy haggis-muncher as a CM in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Both are similarly priced (about £8-9m) and demand similar wages.

I can't do screenshots as I am at work, but I'll give the basics:

Hyland - Lens
Pros:-
Scouts say 'leading star for most Prem teams'
Useful in the air (defending set-pieces is a factor)
Decent/good all-round midfield stats, including tackling 12, passing 15, all set pieces 10+

Cons:-
Age 25. Can he improve at all?
Hasn't played well for Lens in last two seasons- av rating roughly 6.7 (does this matter as it's not a playable league?)

Henriksen - Arsenal
Pros:-
Age 21. Can be developed. Scouts say good prem player, can become leading.
Highly recommended on here!
Possibly greater goal threat.

Cons:-
Physically average (though reasonably tall, 185cm)
Poor set pieces
Tackling 10 - seems very much attack-minded

I want someone capable of stepping in straight away for the price, though I have signed Carrick and Ledley on frees if they need a little time to develop. Can Hyland improve even slightly? I'm leaning towards Hyland as an immediate Charlie replacement, but am slightly concerned by his form for Lens and tempted by the potential of Henriksen. Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction? Has anyone had any particular problems with these players?

Plus if anyone has any tips on how to do screenies, I'll have a go when I get home (I'm new to these parts.)

Ta.

out of those, Henriksen is the best... essentially what role do you want this new player of yours to fill? these are two different players...

I think I've pretty much answered my own question to be honest, as I'm after someone who can win the ball. If playing with Carrick, I suppose I'll set them to box-to-box. But alongside Modeste M'Bami (ball winner), they can be released further forward, maybe as central midfielder, support. Alongside Ledley, I'd be after a ball-winner, so it's looking like the all-rounder Hyland is my best bet! I'm just concerned over the price and scope for improvement, but if my scouts already rate him as a leading star, maybe he's worth getting in. Do you think he'll cut it?

I dont think so mate, I have known of Hyland for many years and he was best back in Fm09.... he is good now, if you post a screenshot it would be better...

I'll have a go at a screenshot later. How do I post them? The print screen function on my laptop seems a bit goosed.

in the game you hold in Alt and press F9 on the keyboard, it sends the SS to mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm11/screenshots

then you upload it via the advanced button bottom right and click the paper clip (attachment button) and upload it :)