Henry8597

Reaction score
It seems that with a lot of the big clubs recently are adopting the use of a director of football and I'm planning on taking over a big team and letting the director of football do all transfer and contract dealings and I will simply be a head coach. Will it be effective in game? Or will he not sell/buy anyone as I've never used them before due to always managing lower down

It seems that with a lot of the big clubs recently are adopting the use of a director of football and I'm planning on taking over a big team and letting the director of football do all transfer and contract dealings and I will simply be a head coach. Will it be effective in game? Or will he not sell/buy anyone as I've never used them before due to always managing lower down

It works well but they often just sign mediocre players for the club make a story of it i would be interested to see how you do

Go this way by all means but just have the very final say on everything. Let the Director of Football do all the dirty work of setting up scouting, bidding, contracts, selling etc and you just click "confirm", "delay" or "cancel" dependent on final decision.

Go this way by all means but just have the very final say on everything. Let the Director of Football do all the dirty work of setting up scouting, bidding, contracts, selling etc and you just click "confirm", "delay" or "cancel" dependent on final decision.

Okay. Will do this. Doing It with Real Madrid although I've done a month or so and sold people, but not bought anyone in. I'll leave everything to zidane from now on!

It works well but they often just sign mediocre players for the club make a story of it i would be interested to see how you do

Stories take to long mate and everyone's only interested in all the fancy graphics and set up. So sorry but it takes too much of my time up

Henry8597 - however despite what I said, they wont just do this well by default if you set it in responsibilities. Ensure you have a very good one. Need to have good stats in Buying players, judging CA/PA etc and also be very well respected. Remember these men will be essentially trying to persaude players to sign for your club and if it is Dean Saunders doing the job I cant see you luring many players to the club!

I sacked the origional d.o.f as his stats weren't that good, hired Fermo Favini. Good stats and although he is 76, I got him on a 5 year deal