toonarmy0511

Reaction score
What is it exactly that they do anyway? I hire Paulo Futre as my director of football hoping that I could at least delegate contract extensions to him. His stats are very good, very good CA/PA scouting and determination. After about a year He is close to bankrupting the club by offering ridiculous contracts to players who are not even close to the end of their contract. Now my starting eleven's salaries average over $120,000.00 and worse He is buying strikers left and right even though we already have Ademilson, Welbeck, Campbell and 2 regens with 5* potential.

Has anyone here have any advice on how to utilise DoF?

I use my DoF as an extension of my scouting team, offering contracts to youngsters and so on. HOWEVER, I make sure I have the final say on everything. If he's got a youngster tied up and I don't like him, I'll cancel him. Really a DoF should be used to make your job easier, but you shouldn't rely on him to make his own decisions on how to run your team.

I use my DoF as an extension of my scouting team, offering contracts to youngsters and so on. HOWEVER, I make sure I have the final say on everything. If he's got a youngster tied up and I don't like him, I'll cancel him. Really a DoF should be used to make your job easier, but you shouldn't rely on him to make his own decisions on how to run your team.
I was also under the impression that I'll still have to ok and confirm any contract extensions he did but, to me at least, that's not the case. I just kept getting messages that so and so has just been 'rewarded for fine play' and BOOM! His salary would be doubled.

I only let him take over contract extensions and looking for young players because his scouting stats are very good.

I was also under the impression that I'll still have to ok and confirm any contract extensions he did but, to me at least, that's not the case. I just kept getting messages that so and so has just been 'rewarded for fine play' and BOOM! His salary would be doubled.

I only let him take over contract extensions and looking for young players because his scouting stats are very good.

This is my staff responsibilities page:

48b884685276867b6c3378727d4098e3.png

As you can see, I have him to look for both first team and youth team prospects and proposed transfers, but I have final say over both. If he was good with youth or I lacked strong scouts, I'd also have him take over bringing new U18s players into the club, and if I couldn't be bothered perhaps he would also take over finding some of my unneeded players new clubs.

As you can see, it's a pretty versatile role. Use it however you want.

I use mine the same as GC, also use him to ***** out players I want to loan out. I then just filter through the bids to remove any that I don't like.
Isn't really needed but just makes life a little easier at times.

I hate going back and forth negotiating contract that's why I delegate it to him. I didn't realize it was going to be this bad. I mean this guy is offering contract to players who still have 3 years left in them. I already changed the staff responsibilities but it looked like I need to let some players go or I will be in the red within months.

My DoF is **** at that as well. I gave him that job for about two weeks and he gave five-year contracts to two of my players which will see them coin it in until they are 33. One of them is decent but a sicknote, and the other is just *****. No option on my part to finalise the deals before they were signed. I took it off him after that. Maybe we just both have bad DoFs or maybe that part just doesn't work.

But in terms of bringing in young players he brought in Tibor Cica for nothing, and if he does nothing else for me except play Minesweeper I'll still love him for that. And DoFs do seem to be better than me at negotiating deals and contracts for squad or 'hot prospect' players.