Dweez

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a few pointers on how best to utilize my Director of Football please? Also, if anyone has any advice on what tasks i should apply to my Head of Youth Development, i would be grateful. Thanks.

well first of all dont allow him to finalise deals because he will just sign a load players in the same positions, dnt allow him fire staff either

I like the DoF to handle contracts. Though you do get the odd dodgy resigning for a sub standard player who you'd rather release.

I always finalise transfers so I can make sure only the best talent is coming in.

It would be good to enhance the staff chat so you can plan your squad with your DoF. Eg I always play some kind of 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 so I never want more than 3 senior strikers. It would be nice if I could outline this to my director. Or be able to tell him to spend 3 months and 10 million quid to find the best DMC he can.

I don't think Fm13 has developed the DoF properly. It's a bit useless. I don't have one on my MU save.

I only use him to get rid of unneeded players, I will never let a DoF sign anyone.

Same. I tried to let him handle the contracts for a while, but ended up with too many stupid clauses etc..