nasturas

Reaction score
Hi guys. Do You use a director of football? I'm currently in second season with Nottingham Forest in Premier League. What are the responsabilities of a director of football and for what to use him?

Hi guys. Do You use a director of football? I'm currently in second season with Nottingham Forest in Premier League. What are the responsabilities of a director of football and for what to use him?

I use a DoF but really it’s just and added staff member to make the game a little more realistic. You can use any number of staff from Chairman to Assistant Managers to cover the responsibilities of a DoF. If the club doesn’t have a DoF in place, I will hire one for ‘other staff’ contract negotiations and Hire/Fire non-coaching staff.. sports scientists and analysts etc.
Really it’s arbitrary, doesn’t really matter if you have one or not.

I just use him to search for first team players, he sometimes comes with very good players.

You can also get him to negotiate contracts but personally I prefer to do it myself.

I have one, and only really use him to negotiate contracts for the youth players that I want to keep that aren't necessarily my best prospects. For those, I'd rather do it myself.

I find its it's just a quicker way to sort the contracts for the U18s when you've got quite a few that you want to keep and don't want to spend ages sorting each deal.

Occasionally, I'll ask them to recommend me a player too, just in case they throw up anyone I wasn't aware of.