Dirt3

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
dirt-3-review.jpg

From the first moment you start playing DiRT 3, it is hard not to be impressed by the presentation and polish that went into the game. You can start nitpicking soon enough if you like, but developer Codemasters knew what they wanted you to experience, and they take you by hand to guide you through the world they have created. It is an immersive experience, and one where you can suddenly realize that hours of your life have been sacrificed to this game. And there are worse ways to lose time.

While the DiRT games have generally been well made, they tended to attract a niche audience. Rally car has never had the widespread appeal that other racing styles–and by extension their representative games–have garnered, and while the McRae titles were solid, they were never really able to break through to the mainstream audiences. Following McRae’s death in 2007, the franchise continued under developer Codemaster’s eye, and the McRae name was removed. The influence of the older games in the series can still be felt, but DiRT 3 is its own animal. You won’t have to rely on the navigator to tell you where to turn (although that is still an option), instead you can sit back and enjoy the driving mechanics that are tight and responsive.

The third game in the DiRT franchise is not just a worthy successor to the previous DiRT titles, but to all the Colin McRae Rally titles in general. It builds on the things that worked and jettisons many of the problems of previous titles that prevented the casual fan from embracing the series. A lot has changed since the original game was released in 1998, and the emphasis has shifted from a rally racing simulator to more of an arcade style-racing experience, but the spirit of the franchise remains alive. As a result, DiRT 3 is far more accessible than previous incarnations, which will win more fans than it will alienate. It also happens to be one of the best racing games on the market.

D3_Review_2-650x365.jpg

D3_Review_11-650x365.jpg

D3_Review_7-650x365.jpg

I'm hopefully going to be ordering this tomorrow, and as I love these types on game it'll probably be the only game I play for a while (with CoD inbetween). Will you be getting it?

Also, as it allows you to upload races/clips ect straight to YouTube my step-brother has created a YouTube account for all the videos he'll be putting up, so if you'll be buying the game, or want to see some cool footage, join his channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dirt3Danny?feature=mhee

http://www.youtube.com/user/DIRT3MANIAC

Please subscribe to these two channel's it'd really help, thanks!

I should also be creating one for mine footage, if I do I'll leave the link.

Also, what did you think about other Dirt games?​

Last edited:
looks one the best out the three i might get a copy of this some point

looks one the best out the three i might get a copy of this some point

I've played the others, and this one looks like the best, as you'd expect.
If you search YouTube you'll find a few videos about it, gameplay looks awesome.

Still play DiRT2 on my PC sometimes, will probably eventually buy this aswell.

Graphics are superb, Codemasters :wub:

Ordered this today, £34.99 from Gameplay, as it's the cheapest around I think.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Still play DiRT2 on my PC sometimes, will probably eventually buy this aswell.

Graphics are superb, Codemasters :wub:

I don't like it on the PC.. I did try play Dirt2 on it, but it just didn't seem right.

And yeah, the graphics are ace!

I don't like it on the PC.. I did try play Dirt2 on it, but it just didn't seem right.

And yeah, the graphics are ace!

It felt like a far superior version to me, with the graphical and performance improvements. I used an Xbox 360 controller though so it felt normal.

It felt like a far superior version to me, with the graphical and performance improvements. I used an Xbox 360 controller though so it felt normal.

I didn't really like it as much as I'd have liked.. From what I've seen of DiRT3 tho, it looks like that'll be the only game that can take me away from Black Ops..

It's looking amazingly good.

I wasn't sure about getting it, but I got it this morning and it's amazing.

DiRT3 on PC with Logitec Gran Tourismo Wheel, cannot be beaten! In love with the 'tricks' part already!

I wasn't sure about getting it, but I got it this morning and it's amazing.

I wasn't sure at first, but after seeing some video's on YouTube I could hardly say no, and it's been the only game I've played since I got it really. Amazing game.

DiRT3 on PC with Logitec Gran Tourismo Wheel, cannot be beaten! In love with the 'tricks' part already!

The Gymkhana parts? They're awesome! Little tricky tho at first.

DiRT 2 was the ***, so DiRT 3 was always going to get me excited upon release. Will get this after exams.

DiRT 2 was the ***, so DiRT 3 was always going to get me excited upon release. Will get this after exams.

DiRT 3, is amazingly better than DiRT 2.
Even the Gymkhana part of the game was enough for me to buy it, never mind the X-Games and the rest..

It's super.

From CMR2 every next CMR/Dirt game was getting worse...but with Dirt 3 Codemasters are getting back to the right concept!
Graphic is just amazing, I also like that there is like 60% rally and less of the american stuff (trucks,buggys...).The Gymkhana part of the game is nice if you want to fool about, but not really my thing.Also like the choice of cars in the game, going back to 60's with the old Mini and on the other side we have new 800HP rockets.
My opinion is that Dirt 3 is an amazing arcade, but I hope that codemasters will buy the rights to RBR's physics engine and make an perfect rally simulation.

[video=youtube;JpiNojd3R1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpiNojd3R1c[/video]

[video=youtube;5ME_041ntGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ME_041ntGo[/video]​

Both great video's.

Also, if you have a YouTube account, please subscribe to my channel. (H)