Disabling Work Permits requirements on a Mac - please help

Rungratsamee

Reaction score
Hi all

I am playing FM2012 on a Mac and need to turn off the Work Permit rules so I can sign any player from anywhere in the world. The other threads dealing with this all focus on Windows PCs and they do not work on a Mac.

Can anyone help me please? I have downloaded the Football Manager 2012 Editor through Steam but need a really easy, step by step idiots guide to how I remove Work Permit restrictions for players all over the world to play in the English league.

Please help

Thanks

49 views but no answers - is it simply not possible on a Mac?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions as I am stuck.

If its been detailed or discussed in other threads please direct me to them as I can't find it.

Basically I want to build a team up of players from all the different countries I've been to. Bit odd or sad I know, but I'm sure we'll accept a bit of that knowing the amount of time you can spend playing this game. You can set yourself strange challenges when in a certain frame of mind. Started playing from the first ever Champ Mgr (1993) and have never shaken the addiction.

The options you can have now with the size and detail of the database is brilliant and I'd love to take advantage but I'm a complete technophobe and need someone to take pity on me and spare that bit of time required to literally give me a simple but complete step by step guide to achieving making all players exempt from needing work permits - that works on a Mac.

I'm old and off to bed.

(Drunken footnote: after 1 season of the first edition of Champ Mgr you could buy Gary Lineker back from Japan)

Sorry to bring no pleasing news, but if this isn't an option on the editor and requires the xml file editing on a pc, then i don't know of a way to edit the required files on a mac, i simply wouldn't know where to find them.

I made the work permit disabler for pc. I never thought of going on a mac. What files are recognised? DBC or XML? I can make later when i get home and post it here

Thanks anyway.
good.gif

I'd really appreciate any suggestions as I am stuck.
g.gif