MrGrizzlie

Reaction score
I have been let down by my team's defence for so many times. Even though with press more team instructions, high defensive line and hassle opponent shout, I'm still not happy with the pressing. And my team was often caught by a defence-splitting through ball or a counter. How can I make my team pressing more effective?

What formation are you using? I would suggest a 4-5-1 with DM or even a deep 4-2-3-1. Also take note that your team needs good work rate skills for a more efficient pressing, as well as good determination skills. Play with a deeper defensive line if your Defenders are not that fast and do not play offside trap.

Maybe share your instructions? I would think a high press would be pretty vulnerable to a through balls and counters. How good is your keeper and do you have it set as a sweeper keeper?

If you're still having problems. Set your philosophy to Very Rigid. Shouts. Hassle, Get Stuck In. Push Higher. This should ensure the playing area is as compressed as possible. Also try to match your width to your opponents.

Check out nezza's tactic. The pressing in there is pretty solid.