Jden86

Reaction score
I'm not someone who rages about FM and complains normally, I've been a big fan of the game and very grateful, sometimes I think they succumb to the pressure and change too much, I believe this year is one of them. I'm close to going back to FM17 which I've never done before but I like very little about it this year. Scouting is terrible (they tried to make it more realistic but it's clunky, slow and a drag), it seems players don't actually follow any plans or structures, the button positioning/design is woeful, there's lots more clicking and mini menu's, the replay screen is bad, the in game screens are unbearable especially the tactics screen.

Does anyone else feel FM18 is a backwards step?

Team talks talk more clicks which is annoying. The 2D mode is worse than last year and scouting is cumbersome.

But I've not played a lot yet

Love it tbh. A lot more realistic this year with dynamics and the scouting. Just needs polishing a bit in a couple of areas. The new stadiums etc make match day a lot more interesting.

Apart from the terrible looking match day screens/layout. Finding quite fun.

Apart from the terrible looking match day screens/layout. Finding quite fun.

Oh yeah the match day screens are worse too. Specially having so much unneeded stuff on the screen that you can't see all of the players involved in the match

Oh yeah the match day screens are worse too. Specially having so much unneeded stuff on the screen that you can't see all of the players involved in the match

Gonna pull those screens apart at weekend, see what I can roll back to 17. gonna be a pain.

Will do, the new tactics screen with the collapsible pitch was a nightmare. The titlebar on the matchday loks awful, its gotta go I hope its simple enough. The pre/post match screens I hope with port over easy.

Will do, the new tactics screen with the collapsible pitch was a nightmare. The titlebar on the matchday loks awful, its gotta go I hope its simple enough. The pre/post match screens I hope with port over easy.

I pick my squad on the tactics screen and it doesn't even show if a player is injured. I always pick my squad, go to play the match and get *so and so is injured and unavailable* or *so and so isn't registered*. Why can't it show the logo's of any issues next to the player like it used to?

Erghhhh

I pick my squad on the tactics screen and it doesn't even show if a player is injured. I always pick my squad, go to play the match and get *so and so is injured and unavailable* or *so and so isn't registered*. Why can't it show the logo's of any issues next to the player like it used to?

Erghhhh
I usually get a little orange or Red Cross in a circle. Or it tells me next to the players name with a orange or red square. Like previous FMs.

I usually get a little orange or Red Cross in a circle. Or it tells me next to the players name with a orange or red square. Like previous FMs.

On the tactics screen with the players listed down the left???

It's on the squad screen, but not on my tactics screen

Can't say I feel the same. Imperfect game, of course, and there are a few things I don't like. It is indeed click heavy in certain areas and the match day stuff can be annoying. But as a whole.... liking the changes. I think its a better game on whole.

Ive only played the demo so far, the team talks this year are disappointing , they have taken away the option of having a coach or assistant give their advice before you gave the team talk , which is really unhelpful imo.

The Matchday overview screen has got worse again , hopefully someone can sort it out with a skin.

I'm gonna wait until the January update before buying it , i might even wait until the update patch that comes out in March , hopefully the bugs will be ironed out by then , FM 2017 will do me until then

Ive only played the demo so far, the team talks this year are disappointing , they have taken away the option of having a coach or assistant give their advice before you gave the team talk , which is really unhelpful imo.

The Matchday overview screen has got worse again , hopefully someone can sort it out with a skin.

I'm gonna wait until the January update before buying it , i might even wait until the update patch that comes out in March , hopefully the bugs will be ironed out by then , FM 2017 will do me until then

There is a mod for the match overview already on SI forum

I've come from FM16 and so far my only real down side is that after scouting a player the report isn't thrown up in my mail feed like it did in FM16.

Other than that I really like it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Already gone back to FM17, I can safely say that FM18 is my last FM (I even downloaded CM2 to play instead of wasting my time with FM18)