Squelchy451

Reaction score
Hi. I'm managing Fulham and it looks like I'll be finishing Top 4 behind Manchester (both) and Liverpool.

I've been able to pull pretty good results against bigger teams (6-1 against Newcastle (6th), 4-2 against Arsenal, and I've gotten 2-0 and 2-1 against the Manchesters.)

However, I can only manage to draw Norwich, Stoke, and all these teams ranked 15th and below. The possession is below 45%, shots and shots on target are almost nonexistent, and the team isn't playing well. The pregame talk goes well, with mostly positive or neutral results. I try different tactics (flat 442 and 433 are my staple) but the team doesn't do well against weaker teams.

How can I fix this?

Have u tried a different team talk? Ie against smaller teams maybe try " go out there and show me wot u can do" or maybe even "go out there n relax the result with come"

You could also try playing more attacking mentality for these games

Besides the man management, how do you change your approach against those teams sitting deeper with more men behind the ball
In My saves, I get Pretty good results against the top teams by soaking up pressure and hit them on the counter but against the teams positioner 14-20 in the table, I need to play mord patient and use more width. Here, I tend to change to Standard and focus the play down the flanks, using " play wider, exploit the flanks and overlaps", all this within the same formation as before ( 4231 or flat 442). This works really good and as soon as I see that this opponent( normally, they are not weaker than me, they are just not as succesfull) starta to use à more attacking strategy and more players on support and attack, pushing up etc, I switch to counter and kill the game.