Disc read error since 11.2.1 patch

robbo49

Reaction score
I was playing the game for a while last night and everything worked fine.

Installed the patch today (11.2.1) and now when I go to load FM11 it's telling me that the disc is not in the drive, even though it is.

Anyone got a solution??

I have the game installed through the disc, not steam as I travel a lot and don't always have access to the net for Steam to work, so need a solution that doesn't involve steam please.

I was playing the game for a while last night and everything worked fine.

Installed the patch today (11.2.1) and now when I go to load FM11 it's telling me that the disc is not in the drive, even though it is.

Anyone got a solution??

I have the game installed through the disc, not steam as I travel a lot and don't always have access to the net for Steam to work, so need a solution that doesn't involve steam please.
you've probably installed the wrong patch you wil have to uninstal and reinstall again

conversely install it with steam, let it update, then turn to offline mode, then you can use it without being connected to the interner

pardon my ignorance but is there some way of uninstalling just the patch?

nope sorry, complete uninstall and reinstall

i'm pretty sure i downloaded the correct patch, the PC disc one right? what is the byteshield one for???

Byteshield is for digital downloaded versions other than steam.

so i need the pc disc patch then, which is what i installed.

video games are a right pain in the *** these days:p

Have you tried checking that your disc and your disc drive are in working order?

yep, just played a dvd to check everything is ok with the hardware. no problems there!

I'm in the process of unistalling fm2011 and will try a full install again.

i know you fixed this problem but when u first installed the 11.2.1 patch did u also replace the fm.exe for 11.2.1 this may have saved u reinstalling the whole game