sesc

Reaction score
so..sumtyms..players are concerned due to the lack of discipline at the club..so..they r unhappy...i talked to couple of them and i promised to change this situation...so..how exactly do i keep this promise ?? how do i improve the clubs discipline apart from telling players not to dive into tackles... and usually..i dont even play aggressively unless i really have to...

When your players get red cards fine them, or at minimum warn them if it is their first time. In my experience, not doing that is the primary cause of that complaint.

I'm fairly confident that what they mean with "lack of discipline" is about man management, and not about the tactical play. If I'm right, the solution could be to tell your players they suck when they suck, fine them when they get red cards or delivers horrible performances (like, rating below 6.00) and all that. Show them who's boss.

When your players get red cards fine them, or at minimum warn them if it is their first time. In my experience, not doing that is the primary cause of that complaint.

Yeah, so, you beat me to it. But I totally agree with you though.

Maybe be a bit more harsh when your players gets sent off :) works for me

well..thanks for the advise...but..i actually do all that u guys mentioned.. i do warn them...and fine them occasionally when they really **** me off ( the sending off being the turning point in the game ) ..and also criticize them when needed...but ..even after all that.. they complain...especially after a match when my team gets more than 5 yellows... so..i was hoping if anything else cud b done..or i jus hav to live with this...

What is your reputation? If it is sunday league or automatic they may be undisciplined because they don't respect you.

You can also try being less aggressive in tackling.

Low attributes in tackling, positioning, decisions, and bravery can lead to more cards. Also slow players may foul to avoid ccc's.

High aggression and low decision is a dangerous combination. Especially with bad personalities.

What is your squad personality?

Are you consistent with fines?

Are you fining players who were ejected as a poor decision of the official?

Just some ideas! Hope one of them helps!

What is your reputation? If it is sunday league or automatic they may be undisciplined because they don't respect you.

You can also try being less aggressive in tackling.

Low attributes in tackling, positioning, decisions, and bravery can lead to more cards. Also slow players may foul to avoid ccc's.

High aggression and low decision is a dangerous combination. Especially with bad personalities.

What is your squad personality?

Are you consistent with fines?

Are you fining players who were ejected as a poor decision of the official?

Just some ideas! Hope one of them helps!

well...currently im managing anderlecht.. i started of with "automatic" history...and my initial reputation was regional...but now its national... i dont see any reason y the players wudnt respect me bcoz i ve won a few trophies since joining... i rarely play aggresively..so that shudnt be the prb.. and im pretty consistent with warnings and fines...and squad harmony is also good.. around 70%...but i still get questions in press conferences about how i m goin to change the disciplinary issues at the club... altho the players stopped complaining... i dunno what i m doing wrong..mayb ..there is no obvious action i cud take...mayb...time will heal this situation..

Always fine players if they get sent off - or as a minimum warn them if it's a first offence - not just when it's a turning point. They shouldn't be launching two-footed tackles regardless of the situation.