Poobington

Reaction score
As with most people on this forum I am absolutely fascinated by the role that Sergio Busquets plays, taking the DM position and making it his own.

I realise FM14 is only around the corner and it seems that with the introduction of new tactical roles this will be far easier to recreate but I have been experimenting and would like to hear peoples thoughts.

In short I read up on Forza's great article about using the DM as a vertical weapon.http://www.thedugout.net/community/s...ad.php?t=76956

In many ways the verticality of the role is something I feel Busquets does very well, and as such I used it as my starting point. The article mentions that the DM will "sit in the traditional Am position 20-30 yards from goal" but seeing as in most cases Busquets has the ability to drop deep to form a 3 man defence this would be a problem. To resolve this rather than starting him at DM i have him in the DC position with all the aforementioned settings.

As far as Individual settings go I would alter them slightly. Firstly I would lower the passing setting to Mixed, but one notch above short, as ideally I want the player to be looking for the 2 more creative MCs ahead of him. This said I would have throughballs set to often, which coupled with the mixed passing setting would allow for the player to pick the more direct "vertical" passing option when the opportunity arises.

To further encourage keeping the ball on the deck I would set crossing to rarely, and to ensure the instructions are followed, I would lower the Creative freedom. Unfortunately my laptop has gone for repair so I will be unable to provide screenshots but I would be intrigued to hear peoples suggestions.

I think, what you can get the closest version of busquets role to play him in defence-libero-attack.

Hey guys, I have tried repeatedly to perfect Tiki-Taka but I am 100% sure that it is impossible to perfect. The question is, what is the closest we can get to it in FM? I set these aims for myself while trying new setups :
- 60% Possession minimum every match.
- 500 passes minimum every match.
- 3 Clear-Cut Chances minimum every match.
- Solid defence positioning and clean sheets should be routine rather than a special case.

I've tried formations which are absolutely crazy in starting position and yet made it respectable through Tiki-Taka style. But most will always be variants of 4-3-3, which is the base formation for Tiki-Taka.

So my 2 important questions are :

- Modern Tactic Creator or Classic Tactics? I myself have always used the TC and probably always will, but I hear that Classic is more precise for possession tactics?

- What is the closest you have come to perfecting it? Be aware, this is not to show off, but to share knowledge with the community of different set-ups and different observations which you think only you have made and will be a decent addition to the general knowledge of this community.