OvidiuB

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new poster on the forum, but I read it for some time now.Before I start talking about the problem I want to discuss on this thread I want to say some things about me and the way I played Fm untill now.First of all, my name is Ovidiu, I am from Romania and I play football managers since good old CM 08-09, so I am no noob in this game.I fell that I'm not the only one saying that from all FM series, Fm09 is far the hardest that Sega launched up since now.It is very hard for experienced users, not to say that it's no nooby friendly.So, since it appeared I haven't really managed to create my own succesfull tactic.I tryed and tryed, twiked and twiked and end up fayling with each and every one.That was the moment I looked up on the internet for guydes and stuff like that, I found here TT&F wich I read 4 times from top to bottom.I analyzed the pre-made tactics that came with the directory and tryed to make my own.I didn't succeded, the tactic fayled yet again.I don't really play a lot of single games, cause I get borred quickly and end up deleting the save file, but I play a lot on network with my friends (the challenge is bigger and as I know, the higher number of human players the harder the game gets - we are romanians so we play in Romania First League - I play U Craiova and my friend FC Brasov).So, I didn't succeded in creating my own tactic and I started to look up on the internet for it (I want to underline that it's the first FM that made me do that, in all the other versions I allways managed to make myself a good tactic).I tryed all TBH tactics with some succes but not what I wanted, CMFrezy's tactics and a lot other.Nothing seemed to work to my team, and when I was ready to quit I found "Lorenzo's Wonder 45 min tactic" based on TT&F.The tactic worked great and on my only single player game I won the title with U Craiova, on network I end up on 3rd place after puting a fight for the title untill 5 rounds before the end of the season.I was very hapy that I finally found a good tactic, that works but, and here comes the problem I want to discuss with you guys, after that first great season the tactic didn't work anymore.It was the moment that came back to my mind something I've read in the change list when Fm09 appeared: after aprox. one season the AI learns your tactic (more inteligent AI than the previzios versions).So I thinked about a soltuion, and came up with two: either I change the tactic, either I tweak it a little (as it was wrote in the file).As I didn't have another tactic I tryed to tweak this one, but I fayled.So season two I just looked up for another good tactic and I end up mid-table on 8 place as I didn't found it. My friend won the title.Now we are in season 3, I accidently found Wenger442 that really works and I am on 3rd place with 46 points after I've been 1st for a long time, my friend is on 2nd place with 47 points and on 1st place is CFR Cluj with 48 points.It seems that my friend managed to overcome this problem, and know what to do or tweak so he can "lie" the AI about he's tactic, but obvious he won't let me on the secret.I'm olso very sure that he is using the same tactic this season, but with some tweaks i guess, as on the other saves the we played he had this problems as I also did, but I didn't managed to overcome it, as he did.So, with the appologies for the long post this is the problem that I want to discuss with you guys, as I seen here are some very good and experienced players of Football Manager.
Does really the AI learn your tactic after one season? It's clear to me that the tactic doesn't work anymore and I end up defeated by small teams like Pandurii, Gaz Metan Medias or even new promoted (things that didn't happen in first season).
How do I overcome the problem? What tweaks should I make to my proven tactics? I can't really change the tactis season after season as I only have to working tactics - Lorenzo's and Wenger442.
Does the AI forget my first used tactic if don't use it at all for one season?

I eagerly wait for your oppinios and your solutions as the 3rd season is at an end and I am sure that Wenger442 won't work the next one, and I really am out of solutions.I don't know what to do, and in my mind is a total blackness.

I appologies for my spelling erors as well.
Friendly greets from Romania.

Last edited: