Disk Problem

Tezzz

Banned
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, heavy coursework deadlines are coming up in college right now. :S

Anyway, I travel a lot from my mums and dads and went to go on FM2010 before. It opened up and then I got the dreaded disk error! Is there anyway you can play FM without the disk? I'm sure on the previous versions I didn't even need to use the disk. :S

I hope you trust me in saying that it's not a torrent, it's a valid game that came in its rightful case from GAME.

Thanks, ~ T.

If you use Steam and have an internet connection you can play without the DVD.

I installed it through the disk though, that does affect it?

Disk error or something like that. Hang on, I'll check.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Unable to find football manager 2010 disc, please make sure it is in the drive.

Where is the disk?

You say you travel a lot, but don't mention the disk?

As in I forget or are not able to carry the disk. Eg, today I went to school. I came home to the opposite house, so can't use the disk.

As in I forget or are not able to carry the disk. Eg, today I went to school. I came home to the opposite house, so can't use the disk.

Meh, that's not a disk problem. That's a logistics problem.

• Take the disk with you
  • Don't go see your mam
  • Buy another copy
  • Get it through Steam

On this sort of topic, I don't feel this warrants a thread of itself so I thought I would stick it in here but can you play FM offline if you have it installed by Steam. It's just I go away from the middle of March each weekend to a crappy caravan and there is no internet connection. Sorry if this is off topic but it's in a bit of relevance to the actual thread.

You could play FM09 without the disk and steam but they changed it for FM10. Now you can only play it without the disk if you use steam

Yeah I'd like to see my mum. :) No I'm not going to buy another copy. I aint gonna buy it off steam. Maybe I'll take it with me to school, but it's not a thing that I think about when getting stuff ready for it.

don't don't don't

have you downloaded the patch????

why dont you use a no cd/dvd patch fix, then u can play without disc in drive, i do for my laptop works like a dream

just don't download the patch if you have steam. i did this once, and the message happened

Yeah I'd like to see my mum. :) No I'm not going to buy another copy. I aint gonna buy it off steam. Maybe I'll take it with me to school, but it's not a thing that I think about when getting stuff ready for it.

Well then you obviously don't want to play it very much. Maybe tattoo the words Football Manager to your head would do the trick?

You mean a Crack

no, i use a disc emulator, it takes an image of my legal disc and saves it to my hard drive, meaning i can play without having the disc

Last edited:
Yeah, but the way that the kid described it as a patch, wasn't the same way that you have done it :S