Dismantling of my Champions League, Premier League double winning squad. Good or bad?

ibbyb7

Reaction score
I have just won the Epl for the first time and the CL at the first attempt. The squad i just won it with i have been nurturing since the beginning of the game, blooding youngsters such as werner, brandt, rugani, balanta, sergi roberto, fierro, cerri, vitinho, murray and also some bargain buys of transfer listed players such as James Rodriguez (?5.5 million), Sergi Roberto (800k),Nick Powell (?3.3 million), Kevin De Bruyne (?8 million), Rafinha Alcantara (Free), Muslera (Free), Depay (?4.2 million). My squad had gotten too big, 27 players in the first team! and it was time to cut down the squad and wage will, which was only 60million a year but that is huge for a team like Watford where im only making 3 million a year from sponsors and my stadium capacity is only 30,000 so i have very little revenue and was making profits by competition cash prize money. My board have just agreed to build a new stadium and im guessing i will be needing money for this, a lot of it so i ahve decided to cash in on my best players, selling them for money that was too good to refuse with the exception of James Rodriguez who has a 35 million release clause in his contract (stupid me) i reckon i couldve got ?50 mill for him. I hope i havent sold too many though and that this squad is still capable of challenging for the premier league title this season. Anyway heres the screenshots! Oh and if you want to request screenshots of any of the players then i will post them, all of them are playing at their peak as i have given them all game time and they are probably at the best they will ever be (with the exception of minus potential players having a higher potential in another save game somwhere).

View attachment 440338View attachment 440337View attachment 440336View attachment 440335View attachment 440334View attachment 440640View attachment 440639View attachment 440638View attachment 440637

Last edited:
My word i wish i was this good at the game to do this, looks fun, i'd presume you'll be fine as your not bringing a lot of players in so your not really disrupting the cohesion of your team.

Budget ?0, remaining ?192M..?

I got around 15million at the start of the season i think and i moved it all to my wage budget, so my transfer budget for the season was 0. Now its 194 because of players sales. The transfer budget (season) column only shows your budget at the beginning of the season which was 0 for me since i moved it to wage budget. But now i have 194 remaining coz of all the players i sold :)