Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just wanted to know if anybody else has had big issues with the new fm. I, for one, can't seem to get a good start to the season. I've played 20 games with three different teams (all in the championship, different expectations...) and every time, I find myself in the lower half, or delegation spots! I think I'm a pretty capable manager, but the match engine seems way too pre-fixed and similar to me.

i say this to everyone who starts a thread like this. The match engine isnt scripted or fixed. you need to take a sloser look at your apporach, use the match analysis tools, be more proactive in your changes etc. thye game is hard, and can be unforgiving. you need to battle through it

Red cards for me is the only thing that is ruining my season with liverpool

i say ruining i only lost 4 all season and in them 4 games i have had 7 people sent off!
2 v roma
1 v chelsea
2 v arsenal
2 v man city

and my tackling is on more cautious LOL good one (y)

Si have said they may take a look at red/yellow cards but the rates are very simlar to real life. my tackling is on default/hard, not had a single player sent off.

Well something is wrong LFCMarshall... oO) I have had 2 red cards all season.

Are you sure your players don't have PPMs like 'Dives into tackes'?

@ TeddyBearChelsea - There is no script or whatever you want to call it. May be you just aren't as good at FM as you thought... ;)

try changing tactics I had a tough start at both Junentus & Tottenham but I ajusted tactics & am having a good season at Man City.

Am i the only person that hasnt found any bug/issues. I have have 1 red card in half a season, ive scored all my penos, and im currently in 7th with stoke. I havent really got far enough to comment on the transfer bug though. All in all im rather enjoying it

I find you have to be on red alert to all their changes this year as well.
A lot more management than in recent years as far as matches go. So keep your eyes peeled for when they switch to Attacking play, it's a real killer if you don't notice it :)

It certainly seems scripted... I'm sure it isn't, but I don't really understand why the same things happen every time. Pretty sure Ipswich shouldn't be 20th in the league... But well, I'll keep going tomorrow, see what happens!
Thanks for your answers. And Marsh, I got 3red cards in 3 games... The first three of the season! I've had 5 since, so 8 in 23 games...

i got complacent in a game away to blackpool (playing as united) my 4-4-2 vs their 4-3-3. by half time i was 5-1 down, because i wasnt pro-active enough with changes and though i could ride it out. pulled it back to 5-3, but it wasnt enough

Now i could complain and say that the game was against me, that it was scripted etc, no way can that happen. (previously i had conceded 3 goals in 16 games) but the truth is it does happen. Went back and analyised my game. 1 goal was an error by van der sar, but the other 4 were tactical and selection errors from me. made too many changes to the line up and didnt deal with their wingers or charlie adam well enough. next time I will go 4-2-3-1 against them, and man mark the wingers and adam out of the game

you many not understand why you lost but if you go back, re watch the game on extended highlights, check the match analysis tools you can come to a pretty go idea why you lost. you have to put th effort in with FM11, or you will often get your *** handed to you whether you are Ipswich or Manchester United

So FM 2011 is more technical than 2010? I was playing like I was last year... Guess that's why things aren't going so well! Thanks for the feedback Mike, really helpful!
And Tharros: I guess I'm not = | But I will be =P

So FM 2011 is more technical than 2010? I was playing like I was last year... Guess that's why things aren't going so well! Thanks for the feedback Mike, really helpful!
And Tharros: I guess I'm not = | But I will be =P
a lot more, you should be much more measured with this game than fm10. this season in real life we have seen that the lesser teams pose much more of a threat to the top side. In my save at least, this seems to have come across very well.

I'm annoyed with people saying FM11 is too hard- FM11 is only too hard, if you make it hard for yourself. Its all down to your tactics, transfers, and approach.

And if you lose a few, don't moan the game is scripted. Blame yourself. Your the manager.

Giggles, dont be too harsh.
I find this game very difficult and it's help from the site, not criticism, that's helping me :D

I apologize if my views were harsh, however people do need to understand the game isn't scripted when you lose.
Its just the harsh reality of FM11, for example, I missed out on the League 1 playoffs on goal difference in my first season- I didn't rage or moan about it, I just went into the 2nd season, and got promotion.

I'm also flying high in the Championship (Media Predicted Relegation) with no transfer budget and a weak wage budget,

Take inspiration (H)

I never said it was hard. It's just very different from the 2010 version, and I never said that was bad... It just needs some getting used to. No need to get angry. I'mjust not used to the more tactical approach of the new game. I've played since '05, and it's never been this deep, or required this much attention to detail! Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

The thing that bothers me the most is how cheap some players are offered. IMO the transfers/offers should be fine tuned. It´s an absolute blast buying top notch players half price and less (adebayor €5.5), but takes some of the fun; also, CC chances should be harder to get, as top srtikers, both mine and opp, miss a whole lotta a sitters!!

Overall i think the game remained pretty much the same. Probably a bit deeper, more challenging.
II had my best 1st season ever but the 2nd its quickly turning into a nightmare...the opposition sorted a way to stop my team. It's still my 1st game, but in previous FMs it seemed easier to establish your team.

Last edited:
I think there is a **** of alot of errors in fm2011, for a start i go from winning one game 4-0 to get beating 1-0, once or twice is fair enough but this is a regular sequence, also how many games to you play where you have 15 shot on goal and don't score the opposition create virtually one chance and someone with finishing of 11 slams the ball in expertly. Also I think the team morale is very unrealistic when everyone is at superb and you lose one game they are at good or okay but you need a few wins to pick them up again. And finally when you get approached by a club doing poorly and you take the job some of the players don't want to speak to you because "the club are underachiving" blaming you for that even though it was the previous managers doing, and also some players "don't have the patience" to talk to you which is an absolute joke considering you get approached for doing a good job elsewhere.

The only thing that annoys me about the game is how SI can release a game so full of bugs. They need to fix bugs before the game is released then the patches wouldnt need to be as big and would take less time to develop.

I have had bad start to the season, 4/5 seasons, all three completed bad seasons ended with champions, and one of them play off winners. In the fact the only season I haven't had a good start I lost in the play offs and not getting promoted. But that's not the fault of the game loads of teams in real life have bad starts to seasons and still do well.