Divided by Poverty, United by Football - Kenya's World Cup Dream

Byond

Reaction score

100px-Kenya_national_team.png

Kenya Football Federation reveal new manager

The Kenyan Football Federation has revealed the new manager that will take the reigns for Kenya's bid to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
James Brown, a rather unknown manager, born in Australia has been appointed the manager of The Harambee Stars for their world cup qualifying campaign. Brown looks to carry on from Twahir Muhiddin and create a bright future for Kenyan Football. Brown has minimal past experience, only managing small clubs in Australia, but with great success.

Comments from the new manager were released today:
"I hope to achieve a spot in the World Cup next year, It would be great for not only Kenya but African football in general. I believe with the foundations already set with this country that I can reach the World Cup, that is all I expect. Nothing more, nothing less."

Brown's first test is a friendly against Malaysia on the 12th of August, leaving him enough time to prepare, and get used to his squad.​

Last edited:
good luck, will be some accomplishment if you do it ;)

Good luck, you have a great player in Mariga, but he's the only player I know. Should be interesting.

Squad Selection ahead of Malaysia Friendly

Key Player
Mariga.jpg

McDonald Mariga
Full name: McDonald Mariga Wanyama
Date of birth: 4 April 1987 (age 23)
Place of birth: Nairobi, Kenya
Height: 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position: Midfielder