Milen1234

Reaction score
Always had top level teams so my tactics have always been attacking/succesful.

Now in 5th season and added manager to Wycombe trying to get them to the Premiership standard.

What sort of tactics do people use at low levels.

Bare in mind cus of the standard, nobody really stands out as quick/strong etc everybody on my squad is pretty average so struggling determining a tactic that can play to strengths when i don't have any lol.

well the lower down the leagues the crapper the players get so bear in mind that your players cant do miracles on the pitch so just keep it simple like 442 direct style.

Currently trying my Liverpool tactic which is failing against Ipswich in the League cup away from home, altho isn't the best judge of the tactic due to the considerable gap in the teams.

Altho got it to 2-2 at the end of full time. Will most prob loose in extra-time. Notice at lower levels scouts give better tactical advice. I imagine the pitch size makes a big difference considering i'm playing a wide tactic on a large pitch.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

haha beat them on pena's, and they;re 4th in the championship

Last edited:
let me know what works well because i'm strugeling with Southend at the moment. I'm playing just a standard 4-4-2 with 1 CM covering back and one going forward. Short passing and my pacy winger making forward runs and crossing from deep.

let me know what works well because i'm strugeling with Southend at the moment. I'm playing just a standard 4-4-2 with 1 CM covering back and one going forward. Short passing and my pacy winger making forward runs and crossing from deep.

I'm playing a direct game with emphasis on the flanks. Altho i think ive got a small home pitch haha fuuck...oh well i do ok at home and well away. Got a congested pitch tactic too. Both use direct/quick football though.

Figured they aren't going to be the best at scoring so i can afford to not have a great defense atm for Wycombe but need to make sure i have quick strikers who can get plenty of chances.

Generally i'll always conceed but will score 2/3/4 aswell depending on who i play.

i have tried that but my players are so $h1t at passing that they give the ball away a lot.

My best players are my wing backs and wingers so the "get it out wide" style has to be the way to go.

is it worth using play makers and target men in league 1?

i have tried that but my players are so $h1t at passing that they give the ball away a lot.

My best players are my wing backs and wingers so the "get it out wide" style has to be the way to go.

is it worth using play makers and target men in league 1?

this is my tactics for leeds - bear in mind that my leeds team is good and i have a playmaker ferrie bodde who is atleast premiership quality.

Last edited:
I have been playing a save with Plymouth and started in league 2. I though I would try a 4-2-3-1 tactic and a 4-1-3-2 and 4-3-3 as I like those, however I was getting hammered by teams. I switched to a 4-4-1-1 tactic and have been killing it in multiple divisions with it. Give it a try, it surprised the **** out of me.