Dj-ing

T1LL13

Reaction score
Hopefully there may be a DJ god among us?

I am looking to try and do a little bix of song mixing/mash-ups/beat matching and stuff and just looking for some pointers?

This is purely as a hobby, always fancied having a go at it. I downloaded some DJ Software but just looking for some help.

And if there are no DJ's among us then this was a wasted 2 minutes of my life..........

Hello mate, I've been DJ-ing for 5-6 years now so might be able to help you out. Although I'm used to using vinyl and CDs as opposed to digital software but I could give it a go. What exactly do you need help with?

I would also recommend looking here WANT HELP IN BECOMING A DJ? - YouTube, there are tons of tutorial videos on this channel for beginners and the more advanced. I'm sure there will be a few that cover the PC DJ in there. I learned quite a bit from some of those vids when I first started out.

Hello mate, I've been DJ-ing for 5-6 years now so might be able to help you out. Although I'm used to using vinyl and CDs as opposed to digital software but I could give it a go. What exactly do you need help with?

I would also recommend looking here WANT HELP IN BECOMING A DJ? - YouTube, there are tons of tutorial videos on this channel for beginners and the more advanced. I'm sure there will be a few that cover the PC DJ in there. I learned quite a bit from some of those vids when I first started out.

Cheers for the reply mate, i will check out the youtube channel tonight.

I am basically just wanting to do mashups!! Take 2 songs and mash them together to make a remix!! Nothing to serious at the moment mate, just looking to have a bit of fun with it see if i have a knack for it!!

Ok mate, what was the software that you downloaded called? What kind of music? Do you use vinyl turntables and/or CD decks as well or just PC DJ? If it's just PC DJ I could try explain what the controls do/mean or anything else you need to know.

Ok mate, what was the software that you downloaded called? What kind of music? Do you use vinyl turntables and/or CD decks as well or just PC DJ? If it's just PC DJ I could try explain what the controls do/mean or anything else you need to know.

Just on the laptop mate, just having a go at it. Its called Virtual DJ or something like that, it seems good as i have seen DJ software up close before as my mate does DJing for PUbs and parties but fancied mixing tracks myself!!

Dont have decks or anything like that, just a laptop and software lol

Preferably EDM but i dont mind mixing normal tracks with dance tracks!!