Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I'm in March of my first season, so I don't know what budget I will have yet. For next season, I want to get a new striker, either to replace Giroud or as a rotation option. My main tactic currently uses a DLF-A, but I want to have the option to use the striker as a target man or advanced forward.

So basically, he wants to be in the same kind of style as Giroud, but be a better goal scorer. Any suggestions? At the moment I am thinking of one of:

Lambert
Dzeko
Mandzukic
Llorente, although I doubt he will be available.

mandzukic is at chelsea on my save and is doing well there, averaging 7.71 after 5(5) appearances, 10 goals.

mandzukic is at chelsea on my save and is doing well there, averaging 7.71 after 5(5) appearances, 10 goals.

What season are you in, and how much did Chelsea pay for him (And what season did they buy him)? :)

Benteke. Christian Benteke.

Can't believe I forgot about him. I'll bear him in mind, although at the moment I think Lambert is my preffered (realistic) option which I can think of (Unless I can get Mandzukic for a decent price)

Benteke is streets ahead of Lambert and he is also younger so what's the point in buying Lambert?

Benteke is streets ahead of Lambert and he is also younger so what's the point in buying Lambert?

1) Lambert's cheaper
2) He's much more versatile, can comfortably play anywhere in attacking midfield as well as upfront if I need.
3) Apart from physically, Lambert is better (See below)
4) He is English
5) He has performed better on my game in the first season

View attachment 455845

None the less, I am still going to consider both of them, along with all the other suggestions made. Hopefully someone else might mention another player I've not though of!

If you work at unsettling Benteke there's a good chance of him requesting a transfer, something to bare in mind.

Yeah, Benteke is a good option. Timo Werner also, maybe? Second season, I don't know if he'll be that good, but becomes a monster from the third season on, if trained properly..

Yeah, Benteke is a good option. Timo Werner also, maybe? Second season, I don't know if he'll be that good, but becomes a monster from the third season on, if trained properly..

I've already got him in my youth team, but he isn't really the kind of striker I want at the moment. Training him to become a second striker just behind whoever I buy.

Llorente used to be very, very fickle in last year's edition.. Probably declare interest and see where it goes? But otherwise, yeah, Benteke is a good option, and you should be able to get him around 30 million $ too.. I've heard good things about Lambert, but haven't played with him, so can't really say for sure.. If you don't mind really old, you could probably still try Didier Drogba? Maybe only for a season or two though, I guess..

Benteke is at Bayern on my save. Just into my 2nd season with Ajax. Siem De Jong is a good AF

Llorente used to be very, very fickle in last year's edition.. Probably declare interest and see where it goes? But otherwise, yeah, Benteke is a good option, and you should be able to get him around 30 million $ too.. I've heard good things about Lambert, but haven't played with him, so can't really say for sure.. If you don't mind really old, you could probably still try Didier Drogba? Maybe only for a season or two though, I guess..

I was scouting Drogba earlier but he got a 5 month injury and his physical stats plummeted :(

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

After all that, I ended up going for Michu, and Lambert as backup.

I did try get Benteke instead of Michu, but he followed the money, rejecting me AND BARCELONA for Monaco :S

View attachment 455649

Llorente and Mandzukic both wanted ridiculous wages.

Try Benteke. He scores tons of goals, you can get him around 22m. I got him with a 23m bid in first season with Arsenal he scored 20 in first half of season. He was incredible.