DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
View attachment 185595

After being PM'd numerous times about my tactic and being asked on numerous threads about it, I've decided to give it a release seeing as I've finally stopped playing my game.

In this save, I won the League title 13 years in a row, 8 Champions League trophies, 7 FA Cups, 6 Carling Cups, 6 World Club Cups and 5 UEFA Super Cups.

View attachment 185591

In 801 games of management, I have won 636, drawn 91 and lost just 74 games using this tactic in every single match. I've scored 2376 goals in those 801 matches and conceded just 652 goals. I also have a win ratio of 79% since taking over as Manchester United manager in 2010 (now in 2023/24 season).

Now to the tactic, it's a 4-4-2 with 2 advanced wingers, so the game reads it as a 4-2-4. The roles are as follows;

View attachment 185594

GK: Goalkeeper - Defend
RB: Full Back - Automatic
CB: Ball Playing Defender - Defend
CB: Stopper - Defend
LB: Full Back - Automatic
CM: Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
CM: Advanced Playmaker - Attack
AMR: Winger - Attack
AML: Winger - Attack
ST: Deep Lying Forward - Attack
ST: Poacher - Attack

The majority of the positions have got specified roles and personal instructions to match the way they play in real life, for example the DLF (Rooney) has got Free Roam and has got the passing instruction to spread play as well as run from deep and shoot from range 'sometimes'.

View attachment 185592

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5323
Go ahead and download guys :)

Last edited:
Going to give this one a try. My favourite formation made for my favourite team. I hope this works :)

Going to give this one a try. My favourite formation made for my favourite team. I hope this works :)

As you can see, worked extremely well for me. Any questions give me a shout and I'll answer them as best I can.

I will try it with SWFC to see if it works with other teams :)

I can't promise it will, but if it does that would be great!

Yeah, will arrange quite a few friendly matches to give it more of a chance and my players to settle :D

Awesome. Post your feedback in here for everyone to see :)

can I see the statistics of your DLP player ? mine is consistently underperforming

I use the same formation but pretty much a totally different tactic. Forgot what wingers were as I use Inside Forwards all the time, but Ill definitely download this. Good work Dan, will let you know how it goes.

Im so sorry, i played one game v my reserves and won 4-0 and my game stopped working, just started again now so ill update ASAP

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Okay, i have played a few pre season friendlys, these are my results.

Gillingham 1-3 SWFC
Eastbourne Borough 2-3 SWFC
SWFC 1-1 Leicester

Good tactic, i play some good football too !

Good stuff.. Glad it's working for you. Try it over the season and let me know how you get on.

Hope it does as well for you as it did for me.

Good stuff.. Glad it's working for you. Try it over the season and let me know how you get on.

Hope it does as well for you as it did for me.

Yeah me too. May take a while for the season to be finished though, so ill update monthly ?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Just drawn 2-2 against Hamilton

even though i didn't tested it yet, i like the formation and roles, i mean 1 attcking MC and 1 defensive MC, 2 wingers(I LOVE WINGERs!!!), DLF AND a Poacher is a great combination, it should work though

Started again because of some **** signings ! a 35 y/o (Steve Howard) for 375k :O

Anyway here are my results in pre season, ill show my goalscorers.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Dunfermline - Le Fondre x2, Thompson OG

Kettering 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday - Le Fondre x2, Johnson

Partick Thistle 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday - Johnson, Madine, Le Fondre

Grimsby 0-5 Sheffield Wednesday - Madine x2, Prutton x2, Jones

Darlington 1-5 Sheffield Wednesday - Le Fondre x5

This tactic looks great and it's getting me goals from all over my team;

Defender goals - 1
Midfield - 4
Strikers - 13

Update later on the season !

That's super mate. Seems like it's really working for you. What role have you go Le Fondre in? Poacher or DLF?

That's super mate. Seems like it's really working for you. What role have you go Le Fondre in? Poacher or DLF?

Poacher, but i changed Madine to a Target man - Support and its working great. Just won Oldham 2-0 first game of the season.