Hi DMF, this tactic has been a bit hit and miss for me, had some quality results (4-1 vs Chelsea, 7-0 vs Roma, 9-0 vs Milwall) but I've had some shock defeats (2-1 vs Everton, 2-1 vs Stoke), in both these games Mike Phelan has said 'My midfield is being outnumbered'. How can I change get more players in midfield, and I think this may help me dominate the games vs smaller teams.

Thanks, and great work.

Edit: Another 4-1 win over Chelsea.

Hi DMF, this tactic has been a bit hit and miss for me, had some quality results (4-1 vs Chelsea, 7-0 vs Roma, 9-0 vs Milwall) but I've had some shock defeats (2-1 vs Everton, 2-1 vs Stoke), in both these games Mike Phelan has said 'My midfield is being outnumbered'. How can I change get more players in midfield, and I think this may help me dominate the games vs smaller teams.

Thanks, and great work.

Edit: Another 4-1 win over Chelsea.

Ah yes, I sort of had this problem originally. What I used to do (sounds ridiculous I know) but if you set the OI to literally everything for everyone bar the goalkeeper, you tend to dominate more but the players get more tired quickly.

So set the OI to;
Always close down.
Always tight marking.
Hard Tackling.
Show onto Weaker foot.

Hope that solves your problem.

Thanks for the advice.

When playing vs a 4231 with 3 central attacking mids, I seem to get battered, would it be a good idea to drop the width to normal to get more bodies in the center of the pitch?

Thanks for the advice.

When playing vs a 4231 with 3 central attacking mids, I seem to get battered, would it be a good idea to drop the width to normal to get more bodies in the center of the pitch?

I never had that problem against that formation. Main formation I had a problem with was 4-3-3 (Barcelona style) and I just did what I said in my previous post. Give that a shot, or maybe drop the mentality down from 'Attacking' to 'Control'.