Still solid, best run of form I have had in this game so far. Only loss came after going down to 10 men at 3-2 as shown by scrrenshot. Interested to hear thoughts of others who have downloaded as sometimes when you are 8 seasons in its easy to get tactics to work as you know who to play and where. Il maybe have to test it with some new teams.

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    163.4 KB · Views: 638
Finished season and am convinced the tactic is a good one.

Also ran a quick tests with Dundee Utd, Man Utd, Tottenham and Fulham in seperate games. They finished 2nd, 1st, 1st, 6th in their individual runs and in my experience of testing that is pretty good as the Assistant Managers are usually cr@p at keeping morale up, and when they finish there is always a split in squad due to players wanting wages rises etc by the end of the run.

My game, which i recently moved to Villa, have an okay squad with a lot of good youngsters i brought in won the treble and lost out on the quadruple to Man Ut in the final within extra time.

The goals being scored by my 2 wonderkids up front is great (98 between them)

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    175.6 KB · Views: 581
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    284.2 KB · Views: 491
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    244.7 KB · Views: 500
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    194.1 KB · Views: 454
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    198.8 KB · Views: 381
hi,

cant believe no one has tried this for you i will start a new save right now and give it a go for you i will be newcastle i will report back here after a few games and let you know. merry Christmas !!

Interesting choice, i wouldnt necessarily pick out Newcastle as one who would be an instant success with it due to their lack of decent ball playing defenders and only really have Wilson up top with pace so be interesting to hear if it works for you

your tactic is absolutely class !!

i have played ten games and won all ten :O. the reason i chose Newcastle is because they are my team mate. but this tactic does seem to be the real deal.

Brilliant to hear. I really like Newcastle (if i had to pick an English team it would be them or Spurs) and have been to a couple of games. Will maybe have to start a game them :cool:

i dont use any, i have went through spells of letting my assistant make changes but felt it was better to leave them alone. You would probbaly be successful doing them... i just cant really be bothered as im more of a fast player that clicks through things

The only thing im really still doing is tinkering with the IWB's in my save to try get their average ratings as high as the rest of the team but of course not having a knock on effect on those other players

BOBOTs tactic

it started off as that hence my commetn "taking inspiration from some successful tactic" , but changed tempo, style of passing, instructions for the wingers, changed the CM and the line of defence. If you are going to claim they are the same at least look at the instructions first to see what has changed. Im guessing every 424 is now bobots tactic in your world?

it started off as that hence my commetn "taking inspiration from some successful tactic" , but changed tempo, style of passing, instructions for the wingers, changed the CM and the line of defence. If you are going to claim they are the same at least look at the instructions first to see what has changed. Im guessing every 424 is now bobots tactic in your world?
Im not here to argue you buddy

chrisdufc updated DNZ 4-2-4v1 Engine: 21.2.0 with a new update entry:

Slight all round improvements

Updated to add a v2.

AF have more of a free role
More focused through the middle
More disciplined in possession forcing players to stcik to the tactics.
Changed CAM to AP - more chances created through the middle + more goals from middle

Results: More goals from strikers and AP. More assists from the 2 wingers.
Slight increase in performance ratings with the IWB but not much... still trying to figure out how to make them average in to the 7s like everyone else

Read the rest of this update entry...

is there any chance you can post the individual instructions for each position? i'm playing on xbox and can't download the tactic