Do AI managers understand the league table...?

marksandygill

Reaction score
The only reason I ask as I am managing Barcelona, 25 games into the season and I am unbeaten on 69 points, Athletic 2nd on 51 points and Real Madrid 3rd on 49 points.

Mourinho in a press statement says 'Barcelona really don't look like title contenders to me', so my question, is there a disconnect between say press statements and what's happening in the table, because surely no manager would honestly state that while I have an 18 point lead over 2nd?!

Anyone else see similar things?

Yep see them often. I think it is just part of Mourinho playing mind games but there arent many options in the game for him to choose so he just says that. If they added more in FM 2014 then it would be more realistic/relevant.

Its just them playing mindgames. As long as you have not actually won the league, his sort of person will continue doing it.

EDIT: Beaten to it

Yeah but at xmas (in real life) he came out and said the league was over!

There do seem to be a lot of 'stock' answers, l'd like to be able to reply with 'are you an idiot we'd have lose 7 games out of 13 just for them to pull level! or something similar :)

Yeah but at xmas (in real life) he came out and said the league was over!

There do seem to be a lot of 'stock' answers, l'd like to be able to reply with 'are you an idiot we'd have lose 7 games out of 13 just for them to pull level! or something similar :)

Yeah, but that was him playing mindgames to :D

Last edited:
Rather think it's a lack of in depth programming than a cunning sub plot. Hope they improve on this next year.

Rather think it's a lack of in depth programming than a cunning sub plot. Hope they improve on this next year.

Yeh, the "media" part of FM is by far the most half arsed part of the game ....

I've had this when I have won the league before...hopefully will be sorted on the FM14 game. Even my own assistant once said that Man U would win the league when I was 12 points clear with 5 games to play!