DO ANY TACTICS WORK SINCE 15.3.2??

fryer

Reaction score
Ok so I am well aware that since the moronic fuckwits at SI made their unbelievably **** patch (being the stupid ***** they are they probably though it was genius).

Do any tactics actually work without the following;
  • Using Barcelona
  • Using Real Madrid
  • Using long throw exploits
  • Using corner bugs.
If someone actually has a tactic which doesn't have 40 shots on goal and ends up loosing 1-0 at home 60% of the time please post it here (again observing the above points).

Oh and if your from SI and you wrote this god awful **** patch please come on here and tell everyone why you are so **** at your job and why you didn't already resign, and why you won't give everyone their money back for ruining the game.

I've never used real Madrid, Barcelona , corner exploit or throw in bug since I don't know when.

Yes tactics work without any of those things. You just need to have an idea how you want to play, set the team up and then watch matches till you are happy how you are performing .

Ok so I am well aware that since the moronic fuckwits at SI made their unbelievably **** patch (being the stupid ***** they are they probably though it was genius).

Do any tactics actually work without the following;
  • Using Barcelona
  • Using Real Madrid
  • Using long throw exploits
  • Using corner bugs.
If someone actually has a tactic which doesn't have 40 shots on goal and ends up loosing 1-0 at home 60% of the time please post it here (again observing the above points).

Oh and if your from SI and you wrote this god awful **** patch please come on here and tell everyone why you are so **** at your job and why you didn't already resign, and why you won't give everyone their money back for ruining the game.

So true... Few days ago I created a topic to ask someone for help and advice for my Hyde United team in Vanarama Conference. I created 3 tactics which were at the first look well created with proper roles, pair and combinations. But of course... Someone punish me that I did not put proper roles and combinations and gave me article from lama3. Unfortunately I read it before and it does not work. I do not know maybe someone did not check my tactics and just started "bla, bla...".

Every time when I apply my idea to tactic it does not work but I know how to do this regarding the real life. I do not put three treqartistas at the top of the formation because normally it would not work. But anyway you can find a lot of unrealistic tactics like this. It seems that killer tactics with stupid long throws, corners and strange formation shape are better than these that I create.

I used even FM Scout to check what is the best formation for my team to get as much as I can from my players. And still one big sh..t.

So true... Few days ago I created a topic to ask someone for help and advice for my Hyde United team in Vanarama Conference. I created 3 tactics which were at the first look well created with proper roles, pair and combinations. But of course... Someone punish me that I did not put proper roles and combinations and gave me article from lama3. Unfortunately I read it before and it does not work. I do not know maybe someone did not check my tactics and just started "bla, bla...".

Every time when I apply my idea to tactic it does not work but I know how to do this regarding the real life. I do not put three treqartistas at the top of the formation because normally it would not work. But anyway you can find a lot of unrealistic tactics like this. It seems that killer tactics with stupid long throws, corners and strange formation shape are better than these that I create.

I used even FM Scout to check what is the best formation for my team to get as much as I can from my players. And still one big sh..t.

No. It was your positions, roles, duties and illogical masses of TIs. I wrote a long post covering a lot of your issues. You just seemed to give up on that thread.

Care to share some, I'm currently using/testing Monstrous (v5-v7), Glory/Triumph and Voiliz tatic (all of which use the long throw exploit though it doesn't help me because I have no full backs capable of learning it).

All have very high shots on goal, but for whatever reason, poor finishing etc or just the AI keep being unrealistically good and pulling out 10 world class saves per game, they are not being converted.

That is my main bug bear with this patch, It does happen in REAL football that teams dominate and loose, but not this frequently, and I'd rather take 10 shots on goal and convert 2 than dominating with 40 shots on goal and maybe 1 goes in from a flukey corner or after 12 rebounds.

It just not right, SI need to sort it out, If i'd put out this patch I would be ******* embarrassed and has lead people to use game breaking tactics because nothing else works.

I've never used real Madrid, Barcelona , corner exploit or throw in bug since I don't know when.

Yes tactics work without any of those things. You just need to have an idea how you want to play, set the team up and then watch matches till you are happy how you are performing .

Please share, I want to play good football scoring from open play with fast wingers, I don't want 40 shots on goal with only 1 converted, would rather take chances sparingly and score 1 or 2 per game.

Please share, I want to play good football scoring from open play with fast wingers, I don't want 40 shots on goal with only 1 converted, would rather take chances sparingly and score 1 or 2 per game.

It depends what you are looking for I released two tactics at the start of the year that weren't popular because they had no exploits. However I play each save on its own merit and create a tactic based on my ideas in a similar fashion to the thread WJ made about starting with a new team. It's much more fun for me.

It depends what you are looking for I released two tactics at the start of the year that weren't popular because they had no exploits. However I play each save on its own merit and create a tactic based on my ideas in a similar fashion to the thread WJ made about starting with a new team. It's much more fun for me.

Do you have a link to that thread I cant find it?

You know where is the problem? I will tell you...

The problem is that for every f...g match you must create another tactic to beat your opponent. But unfortunately... System of FM is constructed in this way that it's not possible to change your tactic every single game due to bad fluidity. In addition, everything looks like that there is a hidden parameter at which frequent change of tactic affects so much play of your team and final results. In previous series of FM it was the same.

So... Generally you must be a tactical wizard that set proper formation for whole season which will allow you to concede less goals than any other tactic.

As I see the problem of game engine is that our ideas are really hard to implement into it. I have a lot of ideas which I would like to implement but it's really hard... believe me.

Why do you use only criticism? Tell me how it's possible in real football to play with 3 treqartistas?

I see that I will play match away. I am going to construct good counter attack formation. Depending on the weather, strong attributes of my players and with tactical, logical cohesion. I am starting the match and statistics shows that my team is the team of garbage men. Disaster... I lost game 4-1.

And... This magical tactic 4-3-3 with two wide wingers and one striker. It works like a charm. But why the **** I can not play 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 3-5-2... It is evident that in this version of FM we have, let's say, killer formations which will have more advantage than other due to strange match engine.

Fryer i was in the same boat nothing worked. Try VerZas V2 IF works a treat im playing as hull city

Until you have the strongest squad, you will come up against someone stronger then you, that's normal. If you have three treqs in your squad, and they are your best players, why not use them? I see no difference between any formation, mentality or fluidity. Anything can work if setup properly. I wouldn't change to counter prior to every match against someone stronger, I would setup my tactic depending on media prediction at the begining of the season. If I'm managing a top club in the league, I'd go control or attack,or If I am at the bottom counter or defend. And I would pick a formation that would have most impact with my chosen style. For counter mentality I would play with DMs and perhaps WBs, for control I would play witch central or attacking mids, or both. For attack, I would perhaps play with three strikers. All of which should depend on available personel. And I would pick TI's that go along with my mentality, or enhance it if you wish. I wouldn't play a deeper line with attack mentality, I would push much higher up. If I really want to attack, it would make no sense (IMHO) to play more sensibly and hurt my style. I wouldn't be good at attacking or defending if I did that. Only some of the experts here seem to have success with that, I don't. I test my tactics with all kinds of clubs, not just great teams, I take a LLM team to see if it works there aswell. It is normal for great players to pull off something unnatural and be successfull, in LLM you either make tactics perfect, or you lose.

Last edited:
The problem is that for every f...g match you must create another tactic to beat your opponent. But unfortunately... System of FM is constructed in this way that it's not possible to change your tactic every single game due to bad fluidity. In addition, everything looks like that there is a hidden parameter at which frequent change of tactic affects so much play of your team and final results. In previous series of FM it was the same.

You don't. You really don't. Make a logical tactic and you're good to go. In some, rare cases, you'll come up against a formation against which you need to make an adjustment for that match. Just do it as a 2nd tactic or do it in the match itself. It won't affect your fluidity in general; only for that match. A little knock against the fluidity is nothing compared to an ill-suited tactic.

In my own thread, the only thing I changed (once the match has started, so it doesn't affect fluidity) is the mentality. I'd go either Control or Counter. Simple.

So... Generally you must be a tactical wizard that set proper formation for whole season which will allow you to concede less goals than any other tactic.

No. You just need to think a little. That's all.

As I see the problem of game engine is that our ideas are really hard to implement into it. I have a lot of ideas which I would like to implement but it's really hard... believe me.

I agree with this somewhat. That's why I hang around here... to give advice and to help implement YOUR ideas, not how I want you to play.

Why do you use only criticism? Tell me how it's possible in real football to play with 3 treqartistas?

I don't know what the relevance of this is and where the 3 TQs come from.

I see that I will play match away. I am going to construct good counter attack formation. Depending on the weather, strong attributes of my players and with tactical, logical cohesion. I am starting the match and statistics shows that my team is the team of garbage men. Disaster... I lost game 4-1.

All that tells me is that you set up poorly.

And... This magical tactic 4-3-3 with two wide wingers and one striker. It works like a charm. But why the **** I can not play 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 3-5-2... It is evident that in this version of FM we have, let's say, killer formations which will have more advantage than other due to strange match engine.
You can use any formation and they all work well enough. YOU cannot set up the other formations. That doesn't mean it's not possible to do.

Apex Predator V2 - Tuned for 15.3

try this, i have used this tactic since the patch and it works wonders for me, just read the thread and follow the points given and you will be fine, its a plug and play but it is a really good tactic

I'm not sure if this is still an issue for you or if you have moved on to FM16 but just encase and for anybody else I'll post this one.

I've used various tactics, created my own and downloaded many for FM15 and the only one I have stuck with is this one, though I rarely stick with the same tactic for more than 5 games but it has given me the most consistent results, especially against weaker sides. Other tactics just haven't produced the right results consistently.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/349529-art-croatian-football.html