Do clubs in leagues lower than Blue Square leagues progress as season run?

axmh13

Reaction score
Just wondering if teams below Blue Square leagues progress as the season or game run?

For instance, there are leagues lower than Blue Square in the game such as Southern SouthWest or Midland divisions or Hellenic league or Northern Division One South or North.

Do these teams progress through the leagues as you play season after season as I am wondering whether to put old English teams such as Royal Engineers, Old Etonians, Trowbridge Town, Halifax Town (proper team not FC Halifax) in the lower leagues such as Spartan League, Western League (those aforementioned leagues can be seen in the Editor) and will I see them progress through the leagues itself getting either promotions or relegations while I am a manager of another team in Blue Square leagues....?

I have given them a reputation of 900+.

thanks

Last edited:
Oh well,

I thought I could at least hope for a reply....

but decided to run the FM09 sim for a year as unemployed while on hols using my edited database... so made a note of what teams is in the NPP, SLP and ILP before the start of the season....

Once the season was over, the promotion/relegation get sorted... I checked the teams in the Northern Premier, Isthmian Premier and Southern Premier to see what's changed regarding teams moving up and down the leagues.....

so, I see the only changes is the teams coming out of the Blue Square North and South leagues into the NPP, ILP and SLP and vice versa.

so, nothing else coming in from other leagues such as North West Premier, Western League, Wessex, United Combined, Spartan, etc, etc,... into the NPP, ILP and SLP.

so really there is no way of telling whether teams have moved around the leagues lower than Blue Square leagues and the NPP, ILP and SLP...

Pity this... I hoped to see lower teams progress up the leagues so can't see it...

Never mind...

Considering this is for FM09 I can't answer for sure but non-league clubs do progress through their respective divisions, yes. This doesn't guarantee that a club for two or levels below the conference south will ever make it that league, though.

Considering this is for FM09 I can't answer for sure but non-league clubs do progress through their respective divisions, yes. This doesn't guarantee that a club for two or levels below the conference south will ever make it that league, though.

Thanks,

Understand even though it would be nice to have a wider scene that incorporates the lower leagues such as local saturday/sunday league teams so one could take over and work its way up to the limit of the sky...

Thanks,

Understand even though it would be nice to have a wider scene that incorporates the lower leagues such as local saturday/sunday league teams so one could take over and work its way up to the limit of the sky...

Well for more recent versions of FM you can download the non-league levels all the way down to something like 21.. Which is sunday league level. Can't find anything for FM09 though, sorry!

Thanks,

Will look for it so might be the FM12.....

Might be a bit of a memory guzzler for my pc...