Do Higher Bonuses for League and Cup Make the Players Concentrate on Them?

woolly

Reaction score
I've been playing for a while now and usually just leave the League and Cup Bonus as normal (mainly because I prefer to keep my money for transfers and staff wages). However, I've started to wonder if I can get better results/affect league position or cup round by giving the team a higher bonus at the beginning of the season. Has anyone noticed a difference or is it just a gimmick?

I've been playing for a while now and usually just leave the League and Cup Bonus as normal (mainly because I prefer to keep my money for transfers and staff wages). However, I've started to wonder if I can get better results/affect league position or cup round by giving the team a higher bonus at the beginning of the season. Has anyone noticed a difference or is it just a gimmick?
I don't think anything in FM is ever a gimmick.

In this case, offering higher bonuses will see players more motivated in these games. The players affected will have it stated in their profile before the cup or league game. There will also be an indicator on the squad screen. Can't remember the letters, but something like "BON" in a green box.

What about not giving a player their preferred shirt number?

You may have a point here. I'd love to see certain shirt numbers carry weight when given to players. Like, a player that has the Liverpool No.7 shirt should either be very motivated by it, or feel under pressure by it; since the shirt carries such historic value.

What about not giving a player their preferred shirt number?
Knew there would be something I missed! Actually not sure. Maybe it'll improve your relationship with the player (favoured personnel) similar to signing players and staff he recommends? A complete guess though.