do keepers get red cards for hand balling outside area

chrismonc87

Reaction score
hi all,
my halifax team are playing stafford and their keeper just handled the ball well outside the area when diving on to it and nothing happend.
its first time i have ever seen this anyone seen it before.

I don't think I've ever received a red card for a goalkeeper.

I've seen yellow given for that in the game but never red. Sometimes the 3d view is not as accurate as it should be though - either that or the ref hasn't spotted it if the text commentary does say it was outside the area.

my keeper once had a red card but wen the other teams do it they only get yellow wasnt impresses

Yes It Happened To when i was playing it. But it wasnt my team it was the other and that was for handling outside the area

I was playin a network game with my mate and i went to watch his match. He was sunderland and Gordon got sent off for hand balling outside the area. I was laughing so much. So yes they can get sent off

i had a keeper catch the ball inside the area and just walk out holding it. that gets a red card...probably for plain idiocy. lol

Yep. I was managing Millwall against my beloved Peterborough and the Posh 'keeper Joe Lewis dived on the ball and handled outside the box and was sent off in the 36th minute with Posh up 1-0.

Still lost though - they essentially parked the bus and nothing i did helped.

but do they get red cards for fouls inside the 6 m box cause i never see it happen...

Its happened to me about 4 times in total lol.

I was managing Chelsea using Hamachi against one of my friends and Petr Cech got sent off for handling the ball outside the box so yes your goalkeeper can be sent off.