mala1985

Reaction score
Do Liverpool ever get any money. i have had to sell almost half my first team to get any money to spend to bring in my own players the board keep telling me that i have to be patient while theyre sorting out the clubs future i was just wondering if anyone knows when they do??

Do Liverpool ever get any money. i have had to sell almost half my first team to get any money to spend to bring in my own players the board keep telling me that i have to be patient while theyre sorting out the clubs future i was just wondering if anyone knows when they do??

It sound like they are in the process of a board takeover - if they are then you will have to be patient like they say. when its all sorted there is no telling how much/little money you will have because board takeovers are as random as the results in each different save. You could get luccy and be taken over by a tycoon but this doesn't happen too often, more likely it will be a fellow board member assuming control or a consortium, both usually just consolidate your debts into managable monthly fees without giving you too much to spend

It doesn't sound like a take-over, they'd have set a transfer embargo if it was, and he says he can sell his players.

I do believe you need to be patient though, a club with financial issues takes a couple of seasons to stagger back.

I'd hunt for regens and put them in my youth team if I were you, in a couple of seasons you'll have a decent team, which in turn will generate money, also, if you can afford it, try and get a commercial link, your priority now should be to help the club with its finances, buying stars will have to wait.

Just my six-pense worth anyway :)

with Liverpool, you nearly always get took over in the first season...

also, it's not necessary to sign half a new team - it'd do more damage than good as it will take time to gel,
you can win near enough everything first season with Liverpool without signing anyone apart from a few backups....

It doesn't sound like a take-over, they'd have set a transfer embargo if it was, and he says he can sell his players.

i assumed he was in a takeover beacause of the 'clubs future' comment, what else would they be asking you to be patient for in relation to clubs future? Transfer embargos do get put in but not always straight away, usually towards the business end of the deal, if its in the early stages then he might not have an embargo yet.
Case in point - i am currently having a takeover in my save
View attachment 107022 View attachment 107023
yet i can still make offers to players
View attachment 107024

Anyway, i agree that you should try to buy quality youth where you can and just perform as well as you can - keep qualifying for champions league and you will get some mony

Last edited:
depends on stadiums/takeovers I presume

Tbh you dont need to sign any new players in first season, i won the league and only signed Alphonso Areola from PSG, then in second season Christian Purslow brought the club from Hicks/Gillett and my finances have been OK ever since im now in my 15th season and ive got a transfer budget of 140 million.

Yeh they do. Im currently 3rd season and just been offered €55million once taken over.

i assumed he was in a takeover beacause of the 'clubs future' comment, what else would they be asking you to be patient for in relation to clubs future? Transfer embargos do get put in but not always straight away, usually towards the business end of the deal, if its in the early stages then he might not have an embargo yet.
Case in point - i am currently having a takeover in my save
View attachment 107022 View attachment 107023
yet i can still make offers to players
View attachment 107024

Anyway, i agree that you should try to buy quality youth where you can and just perform as well as you can - keep qualifying for champions league and you will get some mony

Never seen this happen, obviously you're right, my bad :)

after being west brom manager for 3 seasons they approached me and how could i resist!!

they had 50m to spend and still had there all there top players......... hadn't spent mind you........

took over sold some players and moved the wage buget down and transfers up, 86M in transfers later and there back in debt lol

ye in my 6th season with iverpool now, some russian entrepueneurs toom over and since the takeover in fourth season have had, £34 mil, £50mil and just got 69 mil so happy daysss

just finished my fourth season (1st with liverpool) spent alot of £££ at the start and got the rewards winning EPL, EPC etc

however to take the club to further glory i am going to need money and i am losing money every month!! (wages aren't that bad)

when you request a new stadium the board say you would never get the planning permission!! is there anyway around this???

thanks for the help im doing alright with the players ive brought in im topping the league and still in all the other comps but its doing my head in cos i couldnt afford di marias wages and real madrid ended up signing him for 3.8m

You could simulate a takeover with some infusion of funds if you get a mid-season takeover. You will have to use the FMRTE, of course.

Just add a foreground sugar daddy, and wait for him to infuse some cash into your club (shouldn't take more than a couple of months). After that, remover the sugar daddy and revert back to normal play. An effective way of simulating a possible beneficial takeover of a troubled club, IMO. BTW, don't do it before the start of the season or you will get very large transfer budgets and/or investments, which can ruin the game if you like a bit of challenge.