Status
Not open for further replies.

cZeur

Reaction score
So I was wondering, do the players/coaches/managers, user or AI controlled, die? There are obviously stories of players dying on the pitch and with Gerard Houllier's health problems, I would't be surprised if a manager or coach has "kicked the bucket" while being employed. Is this transferred into FM?

hope 'kick the bucket' formula comes in FM 12 ;).
but no, u/manager/coaches/players only retire or resign, and the reason might be like if the player doesnt want to play any games anymore, 'more family time' , 'given up hope' or 'lack commitment'.

havent come across anyone the kicked the bucket while at work

Would definitely add a new form of frustration! XD
How about the player controlled manager? Is there an age limit or something?

To be honest, thinking about it, I doubt that SI would be allowed to do such a thing as I'm sure it'd be disrespectful to those whose character is shown to die and their family.

age of retirement u mean. well it depend if ur still using him for many games, like if he get 20+ games at the age of 34-35, then he wont retie until near 37 ?/
and if the player is round that same age, and u barely let him play regular games, then he will retire after that current season ends. in my arsenal save, cese is 37, and still my team captain, and plays mere 20 games a season. epic win !!! wonder when hill he retire.

as for managers or coaches and scouts, maybe near his 60's .

if people are going to die on the pitch in this game.. I will definitely set my team to play like butchers..
imagine if you go to team stats there will be list which team kill more opponent players.. hahah..

in a serious, having manager/player missing games for illness is more adequate, the game has this I think..

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

btw, i was wondering, does FM has crowd problem?? you know the supporters invading and fighting on the pitch..
or is there any case when players fight??

or be under attacks, like lennon at celtic. parcel bombs sideline punch

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

u mean like the ones that happen in eastern europe. any chance of raining bananas ;)

Nobody can die, and rightly too. All of the 'hurrr let's have a person die in game' ideas are either in bad taste or just unworkable. I mean, not only are deaths in football EXTREMELY rare to the point of not even being mooted to be put in such an in-depth game as FM, but can you imagine how ridiculous it'd be to spend 100mil on Messi only to have him die? Not to mention of course that time needs to be parcelled out when designing a ame like this: it's finite resource, and wasting time putting in death mechanisms would only take away from time that could be used to do something useful and new to the engine, like for instance fixing all corner bugs.

yeah.. that could be offensive..
still, in this current FM, do players fight on the pitch??

how about player doing silly trick shot and failed and get dump on the bench.. hahah..

Suppose this could be possible by creating an injury of some sort, it's simple to do. I made AIDs on the game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.