Bramish

Reaction score
Maybe a daft question but I'm noticing players with crappy attributes relevant to their positions but still getting good ratings/goals. Check out these fellas, whose attributes have improved over time but still are mostly dodgy, yet they're still knocking in the goals and getting good ratings whether I play them in midfield or attack. Cieslewicz was just called up to the full Poland squad.

I have other players that look way better on paper but play like donkeys.

Yes they do matter, but it is all relative.

Stick those players into, say, Man U and they won't get a sniff of the ball - stick them into Wrexham League 1 and you know the rest ;)

Likewise, lift your Wrexham team straight into the Prem without changing players and how do you think they'd do?

if your talking about real life then no they wouldnt get into the united team. however on this game the attributes mean naff all, i have noticed this on my Grimsby town save and on my United save. the **** players seem to turn out like messi and the good players turn out like ermm (insert name here) lol

@herne: I understand that of course, but as I said, I have players with excellent attributes that are rubbish, even when I was in the BSP. And I know there are plenty of players in L1, L2 and lower with attributes as 'good' as these guys, and better, that don't perform well regardless of how shoddy their league. Cieslewicz particularly has some of the lowest attributes in my squad, yet he's easily one of my top 3, most consistent players.

Consistency is an attribute and there are several others that really affect how well a player plays. If you're playing a player the exact way he wants to be played, are paying him what he wants, and playing him with players he knows and likes he'll play like a beast. Sometimes all you need is a hard worker who gets forward, or ect. If he's playing a simple position, unlike a treq, it doesn't require a great player to play it and consistently get above a 7.0.

They do, you might not notice it a huge amount in a full team with say one or two weaker players.
But if you spread that out more and more across your team you'll really start to notice your team struggle a lot more. Weaker players can be masked over and do often at times play well, but they're still weaker players.
That being said the attributes you see aren't always the most important ones.

Attributes are definitely important, as are the hidden attributes which is why some players with average viewable stats perform better than you'd expect. The polish player will do well because of his pace and determination, which really does seem to count for a lot, to be honest a couple of crucial stats can be enough to perform well in the lower leagues (particularly the physical attributes). A team of players with an average of 15 for each attribute will do better than a team of players with an average of 10 (like what TJD07 was saying).

Last edited:
@herne: I understand that of course, but as I said, I have players with excellent attributes that are rubbish, even when I was in the BSP. And I know there are plenty of players in L1, L2 and lower with attributes as 'good' as these guys, and better, that don't perform well regardless of how shoddy their league. Cieslewicz particularly has some of the lowest attributes in my squad, yet he's easily one of my top 3, most consistent players.

Well, looking at their stats, I dont think they have low stats for their role, in relation to the division you are in. The winger is really, really quick, probably much quicker than all the defenders he will face so naturally, he will perform great if using an approach that can take advantage of this. The same goes for the FC. He is really strong, probably stronger than the tackling of the Defenders he is up against. So in both cases, the players have some specific competence and if using them correctly, they should actually get high ratings.

OK, thanks. Just needed some explanation. So now I know Finishing alone isn't super important for good goalscorers.