Do players get better by playing more games?

SilencedWind

Reaction score
Do players get better (or keep from getting worse) from more competitive match experience regardless of age/potential?

I am debating what to do in my mid-table team near end of season that has won their relegation battle. To play my first team or my loanees, youth and reserves (these 3 groups are going to be eventually released)
Or just rotate depending on condition %
I figured the advantage to not playing my first team is that theres less bonus fees and it could possibly keep them from asking higher wages in the future from playing less.

Last edited:
If you are content with where you'll finish in the table then I'd blood a few of the higher potential youths and give the good reserves some game time(if you want to eventually sell them then they need to play games for someone to be interested).

To answer your question, yes, youth players develop faster with first team experience.

Of course dont just play a team full of youths; only a few per game and use your experienced players/better players.

If you are content with where you'll finish in the table then I'd blood a few of the higher potential youths and give the good reserves some game time(if you want to eventually sell them then they need to play games for someone to be interested).

To answer your question, yes, youth players develop faster with first team experience.

Of course dont just play a team full of youths; only a few per game and use your experienced players/better players.

Thanks. We're a conference south side with no decent potential youths (all 1 stars) as we have not good youth facilities, and our reserves are poor and will not be able to be sold . our exepections were to 'try and avoid relegation"

I was wondering if the players without any future potential (like my first team squad) will benefit from playing more games?

Last edited: