tuttifrutti

Reaction score
Hi folks,

first time poster so please be gentle.

Just wondering if scouts have any other purpose at the club apart from scouting for players. do their attributes in any way help in the training. When I look at the training schedule they do not appear there as adding anything to daily training.

My thoughts are that I could always do with a few extra decent coaches, especially maybe for fitness and physio, so why not just sack all my scouts barring the top couple, and make room for another four or five decent coaches (i'm managing Arsenal).

I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks

Hi folks,

first time poster so please be gentle.

Just wondering if scouts have any other purpose at the club apart from scouting for players. do their attributes in any way help in the training. When I look at the training schedule they do not appear there as adding anything to daily training.

My thoughts are that I could always do with a few extra decent coaches, especially maybe for fitness and physio, so why not just sack all my scouts barring the top couple, and make room for another four or five decent coaches (i'm managing Arsenal).

I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks
No,scouts just basically look for people for your team,they have no purpose in training players whatsoever hence why it doesnt show up.
Hope this helps.

Certainly does, thanks for that steff - now to sack most of them and get some real coaches in ;)

Certainly does, thanks for that steff - now to sack most of them and get some real coaches in ;)

That doesn't make any sense.

You will have an allocation of how many coaches or scouts you can have, this can also be increased with board interaction. However, sacking scouts does not mean you can bring in more coaches. You also need scouts.

That doesn't make any sense.

You will have an allocation of how many coaches or scouts you can have, this can also be increased with board interaction. However, sacking scouts does not mean you can bring in more coaches. You also need scouts.

Hi Darandio, I'm not sure that's the case, as I tried to employ a coach earlier and was told by the board I already had enough coaches. I then went in and sacked my worst coach and tried to employ the new coach again and the transfer went through.

maybe I just got lucky with this one.

I'm just not really keen on a load of coaches that appear on the surface to be doing everything I can do on the players search section. If I just keep my two top coaches and get them scouting for new talent maybe, then at Arsenal I have about another five or six places I can free up for coaching - must be the way to go surely?

Hi Darandio, I'm not sure that's the case, as I tried to employ a coach earlier and was told by the board I already had enough coaches. I then went in and sacked my worst coach and tried to employ the new coach again and the transfer went through.

maybe I just got lucky with this one.

I'm just not really keen on a load of coaches that appear on the surface to be doing everything I can do on the players search section. If I just keep my two top coaches and get them scouting for new talent maybe, then at Arsenal I have about another five or six places I can free up for coaching - must be the way to go surely?

that is the case mate! Darandio is spot on!

1) scouts find players (if you set them to scout) they scout opp (if you set them to, most of the time they already will be) they scout players that you request scout reports on or ask to watch them for up to 3 games!

They have no interaction with your players and do not COACH at all

2) if you fire scouts you will only have those spaces to hire more scouts! firing coaches will allow you to hire new coaches to replace! if your club already starts with MORE COACHES THAN YOU ARE ALLOWED then you won't be able to hire new coaches until you fire enough coaches to drop below the ADVISED NUMBER OF COACHES ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE

3) do not ask your COACHES to scout players mate! lol, that is why you have scouts! the coaches judging PA and CA stats are nowhere near good enough to get an accurate report!

I think you are a bit confused hahahaa!

PM me if you have anymore questions or just reply here and we will try and assist you

Agree with what Raikan and Darandio are saying,
and also don't fire all your scout as they are very imp to find the Regens comng in the Game.....Because if u fire all your scouts except for maybe 1 or 2 that decreases your scouting knowledge and you won't be able to find the new regens coming in to the Game...In my dortmund save i once had 24 scouts (year 2017)....So it is advisable to have as many scouts as possible....
Hope these things help

Last edited:
Cheers for the quick replies folks - all very hehelpful one thing I did just realise is that I actually did a typo in my last reply - I actually went in and sacked a scout, not a coach, and then hired a new coach, so I do think this works.

Thet said, I think maybe you're all correct anyway in not getting rid of all if my scouts so I think I'll stick with what I have