Do things go wrong from the very beginning?

EnzoAmata

Reaction score
I'm interested in exploring the idea of playing the same tactic all the time but using, match preparation and touchline shouts to pull back or attack more if and when needed. You might already do this? I have never done this, I tend to get into a situation where I change from attacking to normal or defending, not having my team trained in these styles my team will of course loose there fluidity. I'd like to take a second to explain what my normal approach to a new game will be in case you see a problem I'm doing before even reaching the match engine.

Clean out staff and players I'm not interested in
Set all players into pre season conditioning training
Match prep the team for my tactic and heavy workload with the focus on teamwork
Bring in my own staff and any players I feel I need

I am aware that bringing in my own staff means, the new staff don't have enough knowledge of the players at the club, does that have so much of a major effect on your performance on the pitch. I imagine it has an effect but how much? The same rule applies for the new players that I bring in, I understand that but who doesn't buy new players? Is is more wise to bed them in over a longer period of time instead of starting them first game of the season? I have often sold that many players that I need to play my new signings. This isn't my main question though. I wanted to explain what I do in case it has so much of an effect what I'm trying to achieve.

Here is an example: Can I play a 4-4-2 Attacking and stay playing that tactic and only use match preparation and touchline shouts and maintain the style of football I wish to play but with small enough alterations to be able to play against bigger teams and still play the style I want to play, or do you players already do that and I'm the only one changing from attacking to defensive in a moment of panic during the match.

If anyone has any questions about this post please leave a message and I can explain it further if need be.

Last edited:
Coaches generally effect quality of training, although they may also provide a boost to a players motivational capabilities in-game (whether they react favorably to getting their **** whipped). I think having a quality coach who is knowledgable in tactical experience will help get your team ready faster, but I'm not sure, what I do know is that using the same tactics from year to year means you will re-learn them faster every year. Now, if you are going to use the exact same tactic 24/7, you may be selling yourself short from not having the players who are natural for those positions.

Coaches generally effect quality of training, although they may also provide a boost to a players motivational capabilities in-game (whether they react favorably to getting their **** whipped). I think having a quality coach who is knowledgable in tactical experience will help get your team ready faster, but I'm not sure, what I do know is that using the same tactics from year to year means you will re-learn them faster every year. Now, if you are going to use the exact same tactic 24/7, you may be selling yourself short from not having the players who are natural for those positions.

I'm wondering on top of that also, is match preparation enough to get a boost to play better defensive positioning while still player control or attacking and have that be enough to keep the fluidity of your tactic but provide enough help to protecting against playing against bigger clubs or playing away from home?

I would like to imagine better coaches will always help with training and scouting but the stat of them not having knowledge of the clubs players, how much of an effect does that have...

Their lack of knowledge with a club they are brought into will last upto a season at most. From the looks of it, it only seems to regard how well they know a player to offer him position-specific training (ie: telling someone to run through the middle or dictate play).

As for Match Preparation in general, the more knowledge the players are about the current tactic the less chance of them making mistakes on the back-end as well as ability to put together good flowing attacking moves. Essentially its people knowing where they are and what they need to do. If you are experiencing bad-defending or lack of goal-scoring and you've got rock solid tactics, or even if you don't, then the issue is general lack of talent or insufficient skills of the player for the position.

If you tag certain areas to focus on in Match Preparation, then yes you will see an added benefit to them (attacking, defending, teamwork, set pieces)