Do Ultimatums actually work?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gaffer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 5K

Gaffer

Reaction score
It's all in the Title really. Just wondering if anyones had any success with them, I haven't.

Try it and find out (6)

nope, i've never had success with them, always get fired :/

You need to be a fully fledged club legend. Im talking 10 years of almost constant trophies. Even then the board may sack you anyway.

Very, very rarely are they successful, I hardly ever use them. It cost my entire career when I was at Barcelona and after no one wanted me! Save your game before you do it!

You need to be a fully fledged club legend. Im talking 10 years of almost constant trophies. Even then the board may sack you anyway.

I will try it out on my Alex Ferguson story save and see what happens. Will post up screenies shortly..

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Oh ****! I forgot I resigned from Utd and took over East Stirlingshire so issuing an ultimatum now will only get me sacked :'(

If anyone else has a long term save at one club can you try it and post back an outcome

Nope, never had one work for me, what Jake said is about right

Oh ok. Makes sense I suppose. If anyone does have a long term save, please do try it out and post some screenies? Would be good to see.

No luck here either, just tried on my Notts County game. 2019, top 4 team been to the champs leaugue final. And stil they sack me, it wil never work lol :(

On Football Manager 2010, it's only worked once for me, and that was in my first save when I was Liverpool manager, I was the manager for 6 seasons and won the league plus other cups every season, and thought I'd try it and they gave me £50Million. Since that it's never worked.

They have worked for me a few times. You need to be at least a world class manager.

It did work, with Tottenham on 08, I had won everything and was in 2023, but I tried to upgrade training and got fired for ultimatum, but I tried for youth (I had saved my game before hand) and they accepted.
It depends on what you ask the board for. Try it! but save the game before u do.

I think It might have worked for me once.. But the chances of it happening are very slim.. And It probably wouldn't be worth just a little bit of cash flowing into your transfer budget..

This worked once for me when I was managing 3rd season at Fulham. They gave me a certain budget but i needed more to bring in more players and I made an ultimatum with the board. They gave me around 10m extra i guess, and yes i had a worldclass reputation. Since then, ultimatums have never worked.:)

Just tried it after 10 years with Leeds and I got sacked despite winning them the 'Double' last season

I took Sutton Utd from the Blue Square South into the Premier League. Am a legend there. Playing another game now but I've loaded it once again to try and find out whether an ultimatum wil work.
There has just been build a new stadium. It is still small, and the ultimatum for another expansion didn't work
New transfer funds didn't work either...

Suckers...

haha

I tried it once. I saved my game before asking the board to give me more wage budget. But it failed, so i got sacked. I then quit from my game and load it back up. I was playing with West Brom in the second season, winning the premier league when i was promoted from the championships. I was trying to sign Gourcuff at that time as he was unhappy at the club. Thought i could sign him on a free but not enough wage :(

Back