Do you always get sacked when relegated?

bravo21

Reaction score
I'm managing in the SPL, sitting 2 points adrift of 11th place at the bottom of the table with 5 games left, my job is 'secure' and I have 5 years left on my contract, how likely am I to keep my job if I was relegated?

Thanks.

Depends what team you are. If the team are expected to go down, you'll probably be alright

At the start of the season if you select "Attempt to avoid relegation" you probably won't be sacked.. If you selected "Avoid relegation" then you would be lucky to stay, unless you impress the board in cups or whatever.

I have never been relegated but I don't see why the season objectives would lie. I have found that even when you're in the relegation zone but have chosen "Avoid relegation" the board aren't too angry.. Not sure what they would be like at the end of the season though.

Cheers, I'm managing my own club, St Mirren, who are predicted to finish near the bottom anyway, I'm actually quite looking forward to trying to get promoted again if I'm relegated!

was relegated on my stevenage game first season but was offered a new contract. Now back in league 1 and currently in 2nd place fighting for promotion :)

i think if your media pred is quite low and at the start of the season you are quite pessimistic about your chances you will be fine

i got middlesbrough promoted in 1st season in 2nd season i just managed to stay up then in the 3rd season i was still attempting to avoid relegation as i was transforming a poor squad but got relegated with about 5 games to go after a bad season they let me keep my job and give me a new contract i bouced straight back to the premier league and finished 12th :-D (now i am linked to every job that comes available in england, italy and spain)