Do you become World Class to easy?

Redstag

Reaction score
I have noticed this. I often put myself as a former international player or professional player just so that some rookie isnt managing a European side.

Im my cuurent save I have 30 caps for Jamaica and I won a Bundesliga and Deutsch Pokal Cup in my first season with Frankfurt. I left Frankfurt and am with Ajax Cape Town in South Africa and I just saw I am a World Class manager im same category as the greats of the game.

I notice that this is a title thrown about FAR too easily.

Well, if you're a former International player who had won a major title like Bundesliga and Deutsch Pokal Cup in your first season with a less-than-5-star club, and managing a national team as well, you're bound to be noticed. If I was a club owner, you'd be my first choice. ;)

Im not managing an international ive gone to the South African league.

no but you set your history status on 'international footballer' which makes you a known player. You played caps so people've heard about you. Which also makes it real easy to join clubs. More of a challenge to start as an unknown manager (player)

Thats true Anto but i dont see an unknown joe soap ever getting a professional team just like that. If it was Blue Square or something yes but I dont like putting a nobody in charge of European teams.

yes that could be a dilemma. But when you put yourself as a former international you must see it like this, imagine you would go back 15 years in time, you 'entered' the game and you got known around the world and the game improved (real life improved and years came by), then after a few years it's the year 2008, you have collected some caps, you retire and want to become a manaer. people will know you.
so if you want to change this, start with lower ranked teams. I am unknown too and i'm currently managing Ajax Cape Town as well, got to the same clubs in a different way ;)

But just because I have 30 Jamacian caps means nothing. Roy Keane is a good example. Won several Premierships, FA Cups and a European Cup. Got Sunderland promoted and did well for a period for them. In the game that would make him a World Class coach whereas the reality is he is not.

Well you did win a Premier class title and a Cup for an average-rated team. That's much bigger than promoting a lower league team in my opinion.

you should of put yourself on automatic then, otherwise this will always happen