Do you believe fm15 is partially fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardzy

Reaction score
I am in the 2019/2020 in my save i was first at liverpool now at dortmund. With both teams i have faced porto in the knockout round of the champions league. The first time with liverpool i won 4-1 but then the second leg they beat me 6-1. Then with dortmund i won 5-1 first then then they beat me 6-0 second leg

Seems a bit weird to me

I am in the 2019/2020 in my save i was first at liverpool now at dortmund. With both teams i have faced porto in the knockout round of the champions league. The first time with liverpool i won 4-1 but then the second leg they beat me 6-1. Then with dortmund i won 5-1 first then then they beat me 6-0 second leg

Seems a bit weird to me

The game is not fixed. It's can't be since the ME dose not recognize the difference between Human or AI inputs. It's just a probability machine that calculated inputs; your tactics and the AI's are identical int he eyes of the ME so it wouldn't be able to cheat since it doesn't know which team is yours.

It's not fixed in anyway.

We don't know if its fixed or not since we do not have access to the ME's source code - since the AI in this game is so stupid I would imagine they have tried to compensate for this by including negative modifiers to player managers tactical decisions. (e.g -20% less effective finishing when shooting on sight or so.)

These are just my personal opinions, I don't think they can be debated about since we do not definitely know much about the match engine since it is closed source.

Like Mike said, the game is not fixed. Why release a game which won't let you win some games? It's devoid of any common sense. In a lot of games there's an RNG factor involved-a lot of games I play involve RNG. If ANY company was to release a game that cheats it would defeat the company's intent-to make money. Because if it was released where the game cheats the opponent no one would buy it.

So absolutely not. The game does not cheat. There is no debate.

Why would it be cheating to compensate for a lack of a capable AI? Lets be brutally honest here we do not know if the game cheats or not because we do not have the source code for the game only a compiled product of the game. Developers/Producers are an unreliable source who would never openly admit their game compensated for a poor feature by giving stated feature an advantage.

FIFA is an example of a game that will not allow the player to win certain games. Eventually no matter how long your winning streak becomes it will come to an end. I think there was a high profile YouTube video on it by a big YouTuber but I don't know if its still around.

Like I said we do not know, its not really up for debate because we will never know - not unless the source code was ever leaked. We can only give our thoughts.

Why would it be cheating to compensate for a lack of a capable AI? Lets be brutally honest here we do not know if the game cheats or not because we do not have the source code for the game only a compiled product of the game. Developers/Producers are an unreliable source who would never openly admit their game compensated for a poor feature by giving stated feature an advantage.

FIFA is an example of a game that will not allow the player to win certain games. Eventually no matter how long your winning streak becomes it will come to an end. I think there was a high profile YouTube video on it by a big YouTuber but I don't know if its still around.

Like I said we do not know, its not really up for debate because we will never know - not unless the source code was ever leaked. We can only give our thoughts.

Your argument is self-refuting. It's relies on the "what if" and you admit yourself that we'll never know. Cynicism is not good grounds to say a game is fixed or not. If you can give me an argument not based on a "what if", i'll happily debate it with you but right now, all you've got in an opinion; facts are what's important when saying a games fixed.

Your argument is self-refuting. It's relies on the "what if" and you admit yourself that we'll never know. Cynicism is not good grounds to say a game is fixed or not. If you can give me an argument not based on a "what if", i'll happily debate it with you but right now, all you've got in an opinion; facts are what's important when saying a games fixed.
True true, I just think its safe to say we will never know.

I believe it is actually "fixed". But not against user, which can't be recognized by AI. I think there are some modifiers to keep the game, resp. results, in balance. For example if I lead the competition, there is always at least one team, which has also great results and is challenging me. Never won competition like 7 rounds before the end. Same for the AI leaders.

I feel it's a kind of way to prevent exploits and "supertactics", just to keep it realistic.

We know the game cheats and makes some matches of a season must lose, we just need to look at all the people who make seasons with 100% record of wins. Wait...

[The wording has humour as only intent in the way to deliver the point]

This has been insinuated 1000 times before and the short answer as always is:

No.

The long answer is:

Nope.

This, and on that note this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.