Do you build the tactic round them team or the team around the tactic?

callumh-94

Reaction score
i was just wondering which people preffere to do and why
i prefer to build the team around the tactic but this requires certain players but sometimes i may have to tweak it slightly to allow a player to play by changing the tactics slightily.
what do you do ???

i build a team around the tactic because its pointless buying wingers if your not going to use wingers in your tactic

it depends on the quality of player i already have and the amount of money i have because if i don't have much money then i will build a tactic around the team and look to improve weak areas but if i have alot of money then i will build the team around a tactic as i can sign a few players that will fit the tactic better.

Both, you need players to fit your tactic and vice versa.

You have to ask your self these questions.

Do I have good wingers?
Do I have good fullbacks?
Do I have at least two good Strikers?
Do I have a good midfield?

The answers to these question can give you a pretty good idea of what tactic will be good for you.

Depends what kind of team I am really. A world class side, has world class players, so you build the tactic around them. Whereas a decent team, you get a solid tactic, and fit your players, as they might not be any stars.

Depends what kind of team I am really. A world class side, has world class players, so you build the tactic around them. Whereas a decent team, you get a solid tactic, and fit your players, as they might not be any stars.
i think it could be vica versa as i think with a world class team u will obviousliy be able to pick and choose players to fit into a tactic

I mostly download a "quality tactic" and tweak it to suit my players. It depends on the squad I pick for each match. I don't make major settings, but I like to think that playing with Rooney up front need other settings than playing with Macheda or Owen. I am always Manchester United, and I rarely buy players. If I do it's "cheap" comming stars.

it depnds on alot of things such as....

1)The Quality of your current Team
2)You Transfer Budget and if you will be able to buy good players

i belive that if you got one or two world class players and a good budget it is a bit of both as u put the good players in a tactic then build a team round them

Originally I build i around the team however I try and mould both the team and tactic to fit each other over time.