Do you ever get tired of being the Best?

vjcsmoke

Reaction score
Usually it only takes 3-5 years for me. To get all the best players assembled, to get all my tactics sorted out and fluid. And then the championships come. The titles, the honors. Introduction into the Coaching Hall of Fame. Several Manager of the Year Awards. Premier Division titles, Champions Cup Glory. I mean it's exciting when you win 4 or 5 titles in a season the first time, but the second and the third time? It's more like, ok, been there done that.

And the worst thing for me, is that even if I were to think of moving on, there's no way in ****, I want to face the monstrous squad that I've built!! My main stars are still all in the 25-27 age range. I could see this group dominating Europe for the next 3-5 years easily.

What to do when you've won it all? There's really not much room for improvement when you're at the top. You just try to sustain the success, just watch your players get better and better, and wait for the super-regens to take over in 5 years and do it all over again!

Career Achievements:
View attachment 406064

I usually don't sign anyone and work towards in making my 1st team full of homegrown players and try to dominate then, thats more fun

Can I see a screenshot of your liverpool squad, tactic and transfers please? considering starting a new game with them.

View attachment 405996View attachment 405995View attachment 405994

And for my tactic, i changed it around every 6 months because of the AI easily being able to work out your tactics, but its a standard 4-2-3-1 using 2 box to box as CMs and 2 IF on support with a AP in the AMC role

I mainly play on counter, rigid and i believe the key on this game is to drop deeper, pass into space and run at defense

PS. Sorry for the quality of the images as im on FM base on my phone

@gooner4life123 Tip of the day: Alt + F9 takes screenshots which you can then find in your screenshots folder above your tactics folder.

Usually it only takes 3-5 years for me. To get all the best players assembled, to get all my tactics sorted out and fluid. And then the championships come. The titles, the honors. Introduction into the Coaching Hall of Fame. Several Manager of the Year Awards. Premier Division titles, Champions Cup Glory. I mean it's exciting when you win 4 or 5 titles in a season the first time, but the second and the third time? It's more like, ok, been there done that.

And the worst thing for me, is that even if I were to think of moving on, there's no way in ****, I want to face the monstrous squad that I've built!! My main stars are still all in the 25-27 age range. I could see this group dominating Europe for the next 3-5 years easily.

What to do when you've won it all? There's really not much room for improvement when you're at the top. You just try to sustain the success, just watch your players get better and better, and wait for the super-regens to take over in 5 years and do it all over again!

Career Achievements:
View attachment 530726

Pentagon challenge. Also way more fun to challenge your former teams.

I agree. My Chelsea regen squad is insanely good, if I resigned and came back 4 seasons later the CPU would turn my amazing squad into a mid table team.

Using Arsenal, I just won my 5th straight EPL (won this year with 108 points, 2nd place ManCity), won 3 of the last 5 UCL though lost this year against Tottenham 1-0, with me dominating the game and them having just 2 shots.. I dont feel frustrated at all, I wasnt excited in the UCL final. So I quit playing a week ago.. Though I want to play again, but I need a challenge, the thing is, I dont want to sell my players (especially Lamela).. I would probably do an All-english/UK squad/homegrown if I'll play again (currently hooked to xenogears)... Im tired of not having the challenge in EPL. And I really dont want to resign due to connections I've made with my regens

I am in year 2022 with my A.C. Milan save. So far I 've managed to lift 20 trophies (including 4 champions league trophies), and I have 7 itallians in my starting lineup 6 of them from my academies ! This is the first time I keep a save for so long and I intend to stickwith until the next fm come up. Usually I get bored after 4th season but this won 't happen now! My goal is to create a team completely from my academy and so far I 've been doing pretty well I think !

I live with this problem everyday in my personal life.

What I really want to do when I reach that stage is start managing another club directly as my feeder so I can manage their training, hire coaches that don't suck, improve the facilities etc. I never get around to it though. I don't really know if it's possible

I just started my 7th season with Spurs. Won the Prem my first season along with the Capital One Cup, won the Capital One Cup again in my 4th season, and just won the FA Cup in my 6th season. Wish we were having more success, but it makes the save last longer IMO.

so, a number of you saying you are bored with the game because you have been successful are using the best sides in the game. Try starting a save with a 3rd tier side, see if you can make them the richest squad in the world/win the champs league 4 times, etc...

winning with arsenal, or liverpool, ac milan, or even spurs is easy stuff, most folks can win multiple PL titles in a row with those sides. See if you can win the PL in the first season with stoke, or crystal palace etc...

One time i was playing with Real Sociedad, after 3 seasons i was one of the best teams in the world, I grew bored so i went to Racing club of Argentina who were near relegation, that was funny