do you play fm 2009 on a laptop?

jpms1

Reaction score
hello all.
im looking for a laptop to play fm2009 on while im away on business.
dont want something to expensive but it will need to play the game to a reasonable standard.

thanks all.
jpms

i play on my laptops runs fine specs are core duo 3 gb ram 250 gb harddrive

im also in need of a laptop to play it on but im a student with no part time job and im only earning 30 quid a week and im looking for a reletavily (sp) cheap laptop that will handle football manager and run at a very good speed

id say i was looking around the £300 mark.friend told me to get a refurbished one from ebay but im a little unsure about that.

so from what it looks like a Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD graphics card on the laptop will be good enough for fm2009.

anything else i should think about or look at?

I play fm exclusively on my laptop and its fine for me.
I would think any modern new laptop would run it fine since you really wouldn't find any new laptop with say less than 1gb ram or less than 2ghz cpu.

Has anyone tried to run it on a netbook?:)

ive got a hp with a n vidia grafics card spent 399 on it runs perfect but the laptop is bout 300 now got it january a year ago

I bought my laptop 2 years before and I could play FM with no problem one day before..
so i think most of the laptops on the market shouldnt have problem with it.

It's not so much about the graphics card, all new laptops should have graphics cards with the ability to run FM, it's more about how many processors it has, and RAM. They are the key things to look at when purchasing a laptop.

i play on my 4 gb memory and 320 gb hardrive and it seems to work fine :D

This is my current laptop and FM2009 seems to run fairly slowly. It is a Toshiba Equium M50-164.
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe...._MODEL=0&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&PRODUCT_ID=106432

I was looking at a Dell Inspiron 15 which I customised it so it had...
2.0 GHz Processor
15.6" Widescreen LCD TFT
4096MB Memory (4GB RAM??)
320GB Hard Drive
Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD Graphics Card
DVD/RW Drive
6-Cell Battery
Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card
1.3 Mega Pixel Integrated Web Cam

This totals upto £448 or I could get a 250GB Hard Drive for £423.

I am about to start Uni so obviously want a laptop that will last me for a good few years in the future. Also, I want to be able to play Football Manager 2009 and future FM games at a good speed, so my only concern was whether the graphics card listed above was suitable for this, as I have read some reviews that state this Graphics card is not recommended for playing games, so do you think it is in my interest to get a new laptop and this one in particular, thanks.

Necro-posting for the lose.

necropost.jpg

I thought it's better to do this than starting new threads about the same topic... basically I used the Search feature and now your telling me not to. :S

I'm sorry for my post.

But a question like this could use another thread, in my opinion. Feel free to make your own one.