ChelseaFan112

Reaction score
2nd of the top. You face a team that is 20th in the league and hasen't got a single win in 11 games.

I use the same tactic I have been using since the start. Scored 35 goals and conceded 4 in 11 games.

I go 0 - 2 down in 10 minutes from set pieces. The goalkeeper then goes on to have the game of his life denying me a penalty and about 4 CCCs.

I rage quit...

Do you ever do this? Is it cheating? What do you think?

I do it in my Schalke save now. Won the league in my first season and now can't buy a win in my 3rd. I rage quit every time I go behind (not that I play it much nowadays).

The way I see it, I don't enjoy it when I lose. I don't want to play it any more. So I close the game down and do something else.

Simples.

No. I would consider it cheating.

Is there any point in playing if you're "guaranteeing" yourself a win every game?

I kind of think it's cheating, the longer I go on the less I do this sort of stuff, like now for instance I never rage quit.

For example, on my Bologna save, if things go **** up I just walk around my room gesticulating and shouting in an Italian accent, even though I'm as English as can be.

its defo cheating
not much point in playing if your going to win every game

I used to when I was younger, but at that time I didnt really put much effort into the game. Now that I understand more concepts of the game, if I get annoyed at it, Ill just minimize it and leave it for a bit and do something on the internet before going back to it.

Put it this way, if I get that ****** off that I rage quit, I quit the save.

I do it, but continuing for me is cheating, and it's usually a sign that the save should end.

I've quit and restarted the game a little later, but if I win the game I originally lost, I can't get into that save again and have to start a new game pretty quickly.

Of course if lots of players are injured and I quit and then they're not when I start again, I quit pretty quickly as well.

I find FM difficult, but the challenge is why its fun. I guess its probably cheating to rage quit, but if you get enjoyment out of playing the game that way then why not, fun is what the games about. :)

I've done it a few times before. Like when I'm first in my league and then i play the team that is 2nd using all of my best players and I go down 3-0 by halftime, I get pretty frustrated. I do consider it cheating, so it rarely happens, but the frustration has gotten to me before a few times.

Not on 2012. But I remember on one occasion I was playing UEFA Cup final and was down 4-0 in 25 minutes. RAGE QUIT!!!

Never get mad enough to do it.

If I fail, it's because I screwed up somewhere.

I can live with that

I used to do it all the time in FM10. Did it less frequently in FM11 and I'm yet to do it in FM12. I don't play Football Manger to win every trophy every season without fail (or frankly, any effort). I play FM because it's challenging and I love it for that: If the real Mangers don't get to rage quite, then neither do I. I'll just take that 2-0 loss to Everton on the chin and wait till the league return fixture and get my revenge then.

But that's how I like to play; I'm not arrogant enough to assume its how everyone should play.

not everytime in my case. i did have games that i lost by 7 goals and all that, but i dont rage quit often.

I have on occasion, although I do my best not to. It's so frustrating when you are sure that there is no way Swansea can beat you, as they are away and haven't ever won away, but no. Do it less now, but I do have to physically restrain myself at times!

I talk to myself, i tell the players that im going to terminate their contracts or whoever scores a late goal will get a new contract!
I never rage quit, takes all the fun outta the game!

The thoughts sometimes cross my mind.. But it takes the fun out of the game. And yes, i feel guilty about it (2 times in fm2012 already) and keep telling myself "Accept the lost..!!!"..

I get angry at a lot of things. I don't know if it's the game engine, but when I see a defender kind of lolly gagging to a deep ball, and the opposing forward is busting his *** to it and GETS IT, I get mad but I don't quit. Own goals rage me, but I don't quit. Oh, things that do get me to rage quit: injuries. I wont restart the game if it's a minor couple weeks, but long ones really get to me.

Sometimes you've just got to punch your girlfriend in the face and take the freak loss on the chin.

I don't consider it proper cheating - that is reserved for people who employ bots / glitches in online games where you competing against other people.

In FM, the only person you are really cheating is yourself.

I only rage quit last minute winners the other team didn't really deserve, but then ill play the game and take that next result, strange really. I could lose 1-0 thats to a last minute goal, but would rather play the game again and lose 5-0, stupid really, but its either that or my fist through my laptop screen. I never rage quit otherwise.