Tsakis

Reaction score
As the title says, does anyone know if age is taken into account in game machine? I mean just raw age not the stats that eventually raise by age..

For example: if loosing in a game and you want to sub your striker that underperforms.. If I had 2 players with all the stats identical hidden and visible but the one was 32 and the other just 16 will it be any difference between the two?

What if the younger one had 20 determination and the other 15 and let's say that the young one has all the hidden stats at 1 more than the younger (I can't name them as I don't know them all)???

To sum up, age count as experience in fm?

Age can be accounted for in sheer experience which can be decisive

I often have 2 or 3 players over 26 in my squad, the rest being young regens. I make up for lack of experience with extra quality

Yes. Let's say you're in the Champions League Final, it's 2-2 and your striker gets injured, and you have two strikers on the bench with the same stats. However, one is 17 and the other is 28.. The majority of people would bring the 28 year old on as he's got more experience than the other plus around that age a striker peaks and will be playing his best football.

It just depends on the situation really, I find in games where you're facing lessor teams young players seem to play better then the oldies.

Yes. Let's say you're in the Champions League Final, it's 2-2 and your striker gets injured, and you have two strikers on the bench with the same stats. However, one is 17 and the other is 28.. The majority of people would bring the 28 year old on as he's got more experience than the other plus around that age a striker peaks and will be playing his best football.

It just depends on the situation really, I find in games where you're facing lessor teams young players seem to play better then the oldies.

I don't think its experience that comes in to play in FM, I think its attributes - most likely a combination of the hidden ones. 16 year olds are far less likely to have high stats there granted, but it would be dependent player to player. For example Michael Owen at 18 played like someone 10 years his age, and nobody knew who the f Didier Drogba was at 18 so

I don't think its experience that comes in to play in FM, I think its attributes - most likely a combination of the hidden ones. 16 year olds are far less likely to have high stats there granted, but it would be dependent player to player. For example Michael Owen at 18 played like someone 10 years his age, and nobody knew who the f Didier Drogba was at 18 so

That was my speculation as well..