Does anybody else find this match engine disgusting?

lfcmaestro

Reaction score
Just cannot get into the game at all. Seem to pick up injuries every match, quite often 3 injures per game. Dominate matches and can have quite a few clear cut chances then lose 1-0 to some speculative long range shot too many times.

I know exactly how you feel. This happened to me 4 times in the last two hours. Taking a long break from the game now. Back to PS3 and 360...

I have no problems on any of the ME updates. Maybe I am just very lucky?

Regards
Andrew C.

Maybe its not a match engine problem? Plenty of people who aren't having problems with it. Who are you playing as?

Maybe its not a match engine problem? Plenty of people who aren't having problems with it. Who are you playing as?

As far i know i think it was Mike who said that there aren't no problem with injuries as people are saying there's a bug but there ain't in my opinion.

I have played with Sunderland, Blackburn, Portsmouth to name a few

Regards
Andrew

As far i know i think it was Mike who said that there aren't no problem with injuries as people are saying there's a bug but there ain't in my opinion.

Yup, I quoted Neil Brock directly about the injury thing.

I had a ton of injury problems and after just plowing through it really seemed like that season was an anomaly, out of the 10 or so seasons I've done on that save only 1 was destroyed by injuries. The best advice to give ya is have all your roles covered, it's a fact of the game that you gota deal with injuries. Sometimes it's really bad that 1 season a minimum of 6 first teamers were always injured, normally it's only 1 or two. If you want to see whether its bad luck or a bad player you can always check his hidden attributes on genie scout. It's sort of game-ey but I did that and saw about half my team with pretty poor injury proneness, even though it didn't show up on the scouting report because other things were even lower.

I've tried it in so many saves for it to be a one off, currently using Liverpool. I just find the game to be a bit odd. I done a Barnet save, they were predicted 24th and I finished 2nd gaining promotion. But what I found weird was I'd go on runs like win 6 games in a row, lose/draw 6 games in a row constantly.

I kind of agree with OP, but only kind of. First off, there seems to be a problem with finishing. I guess SI wanted away with the hockey scores, which is fine, but instead of making the defence better (although it is possible to park the bus, and it's great to see AI sometimes does this) they made strikers miss pretty easy chances on a regular basis. Sometimes you see efficiency, but many times it's shots to the corner flag. In football sometimes you have nights when it's all crossbars but those nights seem to come a bit too often in FM right now. As for the long shots, I wish many more of them would go in, see some real screamers.

Secondly, you can avoid in-match injuries. You need to rotate your squad a lot, and thus make sure you have adequate depth. No heavy training, many use light. The problem with this is (and I have no stats to back this up just a gut feeling) that no managers really rotate this much in real life, maybe Sir Alex but I don't think he's doing it for fitness reasons. Also conditions play a part, which is a huge part. It's terrible going to a match that is played in subzero conditions, with a poor pitch. You just know either side won't make many tactical subs, or either finish with 10 or 9 men.

But one positive thing about injuries in FM now. They really can harm a player's career. That's realism. Previously, when a player became a world-beater, they stayed that way, pretty much hitting their PA at 20 and then staying that way for maybe 10-15 years. In real life, that's extremely rare. Cases like Kaká would have never happened in FM before, now they can, and I'm at least happy about that.

I have had a few encounters like this.. I dont mind it happening here and there since it happens in football, but it happened well too frequent. Luckily for me, It has worked to my advantage aswell... (check this video out) particularly #3... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVMyJ_tmYv4

happening with me at the minute with Bayern munich... dominating possession having about 20 shots a game anf a few ccc's and the opposition has 1 shot all game and wins 1 0

I don't find there to be any problem i used to have a really bad prob with it changed the tactic a bit and it kinda just stop happing yes my keeper goes running way out of his box but he just passes it to the RB/LB there is no problem the truth is your just very unlucky

I am 100% there is no injury problem. At the end of last season I went through a 2/3 month stretch of a completely healthy squad (I think there may have been a couple injuries that were less than a week). Definitely set your training level to low once the season is in full swing, and regularly rest everybody.

As for the ME giving bogus results, I disagree with that sentiment entirely. That is just par for the course in this game, happens all the time in every league/country. It is one of the reasons I love this game, because of the random nature where a terrible team can upset Man U. If the statistically best team won every time I would not play FM.