Does anyone adopt the Zidanes y Pavones philosophy?

San Adam

Reaction score
Well as you have found out from the title im wondering if anyone has adopted the Zidanes y Pavones philosophy which Florentino Perez brought about during his first stint as President of Madrid? For those who dont know what it is its that Perez only invested in attacking players and not average attacking players but the worlds elite (at the time Ronaldo,Zidane,Figo,Beckham) and not caring about the defensive side to the game eg selling Makalelee and playing youth teamers in defence also the squad lacking alot of depth so if Ronaldo was injured Madrid would end up using an average player like Javier Portillo, The idea Perez had in mind was on the marketing front they would have a huge demand for shirts and tickets and on the footballing front to not play both a defensive and attacking game but just score more than the opponent, It worked extremely well for Madrid up until the last third of the 03/04 season as fatigue started to kick in and injuries were more frequent, You dont necessarily have done it with Madrid or with the intention of doing it just that it panned out that way did you have succes with it? I myself have been eager to give it a shot but Madrid has so much depth right now i will have to have quite a long save and my focus on one thing isnt the greatest

Never tried this. It would be interesting to see it be done though. I guess if you had an average defence and world class attacking options you would be involved in a large number of 4-3 style games.

If anyone does it post your success or failings for all.

Never tried this. It would be interesting to see it be done though. I guess if you had an average defence and world class attacking options you would be involved in a large number of 4-3 style games.

If anyone does it post your success or failings for all.
Im going to try and do it but it will be difficult as after 3 months in the game i find it very difficult to motivate myself